New members of the South Sudan forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the South Sudan forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in South Sudan if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Well my name is William Chikwasha and am an expat with experience in K9 Handling having worked in South Sudan for a period of 8 months between Sept 2011 and May 2012

While seeing the suffering of people in South Sudan I decided to focus on how should I make a difference in their plight for a safe community from the ravages of war which is currently going on in that country.

Now I decided to study on Humanitarian Courses of which I have already taken a step in trying to make a difference to the people of this country. As of now I am in Afghanistan doing the same job as a K9 Handler  but my main focus is to study hard in the field of Humanitarian to help mostly the vulnerable people in war torn countries.

I am Wol Gordon Tong
I' m economist
i'm working with Government of South Sudan
as a budget officer

[Moderated: please post in the jobs section]

[Moderated: off topic]

Hi am Acen Alice, 26 years old. Am an Acholi,  i studied Bachelor of Adult and Community Education from Kyambogo University in Uganda. I currently work as a Programme Volunteer with War Child UK in Uganda (Pader District) I want to move to South Sudan to look for work and build on my career of work, thank you and kind regards.

My name is Ayan Ajuoi and I am a South Sudanese female. I work as a teaching assistant in the University of Juba but I am a pharmacist by profession.

;) My name is Mwaura Terina,am 22 years old Kenyan by nationality.I hold a diploma in hotel Management and catering.
Well I  have worked before in south sudan Yambio town,as a manager for two years in Sunset hotel and later moved to Juba town where I joined Amarat classic hotel as a marketer.
My expirience in my field of work and my stay was great in south sudan.Unfortunately all this was cut short by the post violence that took place in juba.
live long south sudan!!!

Thankyou!

I am geofrey mogaka and I am a Kenyan. I have never been an expat since I have worked as a teacher in Kenya all along. I am at my final semester of masters in business and I feel I should take my services to south Sudan.

Hello geofrey mogaka,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Feel free to ask any questions you may have in the forum South Sudan.

Thanks & best regards
Olivier
Expat.com Team

thank you for welcoming me in South Sudan

Hi,

I am Phillips Anyang Ng'ong, working for Southern Sudan Associated Advocates (SSAA).

Thanks

My name is Shillah Mpenyu, I reside in Zimbabwe and my objective as an aspiring expat is to contribute to sustainable development in Africa by imparting my skills and knowledge through pursuing career opportunities that place me in influential portfolios.

My name is Anderson Kinyamagoha,a Tanzanian Bachelor degree holder(Health systems Management),my interest is to seek the job in South Sudan especially in Health system. am real interesting to save the life of people in Sub-saharan Africa

Am Beneth Bidal from south sudan. I finished my primary certificate in 2007 and in 2010 I finished my sudan school certificate from 2014 I awarded with certificate of computer at harmony computer technology in micrisoft office applications. There fore am looking for a post of reception in help me

Hi all I'm Rajesh I'm in south Sudan for last five years I have experience of four years in accounts filed and also as a project coordinator

Thank you for the warm welcome on the blog. I really don't have very clear picture of South Sudan although through reading I have hazy knowledge. Im a person who wants to make a difference in the lives of other people and therefore saw this young nation as good ground for me to impact others in either of the following areas:education,general health,social welfare and agriculture. However I need information on   security and safety in the nation since I have read a lot about political unrest in that country due to a civil war going on.

hello am eli modi am an expat my contribute to sustainable development in south sudan by imparting my skills and knowledge through pursuing career opportunities that place me in influential.am working  with unmiss torit am anxpat in mechanics,

My name is Kakaire Francis from ugandan.Stayed in South Sudan for the last seven years. Interactive, knowledgeable and informative, with credible and reliable information about the country.Currently working with Diocese of Ezo as an acting Diocesan Development Officer.

Rajesh,you can try applying to UNMISS Compound in Western Equatorial State via their website.

Hi. I am really interested in South Sudan and my plan is to look for a teaching job. I like teaching, especially teaching English in High School. If anybody can help me get a job there, they are really welcome

Hi,

My name is Randolph Alexander Churchill. I have been working in South Sudan as a General Practitioner at Juba Medical Complex since february 2012. Working in South Sudan has been interesting as it had afforded me the opportunity to interact with people of a different culture from mine. I have learnt to understand them better and it is fulfilling to be able to contribute my part to the medical development of the new nation. I believe it is time for me to look for other challenges.

rchurch wrote:

Hi,

My name is Randolph Alexander Churchill. I have been working in South Sudan as a General Practitioner at Juba Medical Complex since february 2012. Working in South Sudan has been interesting as it had afforded me the opportunity to interact with people of a different culture from mine. I have learnt to understand them better and it is fulfilling to be able to contribute my part to the medical development of the new nation. I believe it is time for me to look for other challenges.

Hi and welcome to the forum

Good luck in your quest for another challenge.

1- My name is John Hassan, working with TAYA (Tali Youth Association) in Tali Payam Terekeka County Central Equatoria State Juba, we are running activities of peace building and also IDPs.  Programme where by we made assessment on the IDPs in the area, therefore we lacking support to them, but we are able give sensitization.
TAYA was a community Base Organization form by youth since 2006 and established to get support in 2008 by ZOA relief Hope recovery, by then supported to  running HIV/AIDs project upto 2012 then we supported to run peace building project, therefore if you like more details our programme coordinator will provide.

2- about my role in the organization, am Admin/Finance Officer

John Hassan

Hi, am Constant, as a said just a few minutes  ago. i am an experienced RN from the Democratic Republic of Congo ( DRC) and living in South Africa/ Pretoria with my family since 8 years after running away from the war that has been taking place in our country for long time,
I am actually interested to work in South Sudan ( anywhere) as long as i will save lives and promoting health for people ( fellow human being"' who are in real  need of '' Humanitarian assistance''. MY aim is to give my best in term of '' Healthcare, Malnutrition's management as well as pregnant women and children between 1-5 years old (as a very high vulnerable social group). and thereby promoting the development of the country,
I do believe that the experience that i got in humanitarian's context after being sent  twice on mission in Mauritania as well as Mali will enable me to do more if i would be given opportunity to work as '' an expatriate'' as i did with MSF since 2012. So far i would please you to tell me haw should i submit my updated cv to enable you to get more information about me. Thank you so much for your support  best regards. Yours faithfully, Constant MOMPAYO

Dear Constant.

Good to hear from you.

Am not in position to give you work.

However, you can submit your CV via my email address [email protected].

I will go through it, and then i will direct you how to try your luck.

Am based in ezo county, and the region serves as an international border region with DRC congo and Central African Republic.

Regards,
Kakaire Francis.

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com!

For those who are looking for a job, please post in the job section. If you have any specific questions, please start a new topic on the South Sudan forum.

This thread is on the > Introduction of new members of the South Sudan.

Thank you.
Christine
Expat.com team

I am Isaac, south Sudanese currently working with peace and development collaborative organization (PDCO) within juba in Finance Department.
great being a member!!!!!

Hello all,

My names are Boniface Mutumbwe. I'm a Zambian and currently living and working in Zambia. I'm currently working as HR Manager for a large copper mining multinational but I have also previously done lecturing in management studies in tertially institutions.

The stories and video clips i ahve heard and watched about South Sudan have inspired me to seek to work with the people of South Sudan. I firmly be;ive that with adequate suppport, South Sudan can become a centre of human flourishing. Africans in that particular part of the world require everyone's support. Everlasting peace and prosperity is possible.

(Moderated: no copy/paste here please )

hullo.
As i stated before am Okwii Micheal Stephen from Kampala-Uganda currently i have no project which am running in Sudan though i am looking any job opportunity available in a banking sector in Sudan, i graduated on 14th November 2014 with Bachelor of business Administration and Management specializing in Accounting and Finance and currently i completed CPA (ICPA-U) level One in dis November sitting,
i will be very grateful if my request is consider.

okwii micheal stephen wrote:

hullo.
As i stated before am Okwii Micheal Stephen from Kampala-Uganda currently i have no project which am running in Sudan though i am looking any job opportunity available in a banking sector in Sudan, i graduated on 14th November 2014 with Bachelor of business Administration and Management specializing in Accounting and Finance and currently i completed CPA (ICPA-U) level One in dis November sitting,

Hello and welcome to the forum

I suggest that you post your CV in the jobs section of the forum which is located in the green banner at the top of this page.

hullo.
As i stated before am Okwii Micheal Stephen from Kampala-Uganda currently i have no project which am running in Sudan though i am looking for any job opportunity available in a banking sector in Sudan, i graduated on 14th November 2014 with Bachelor of business Administration and Management specializing in Accounting and Finance and currently i completed CPA (ICPA-U) level One in dis November sitting,

Thanks you so much i will do that in a few minutes time

My name is Lia,am 25 years old Eritrean.I hold a diploma in Public Administration.
Well I  have worked before in BMSC as HR officer for almost 3 yrs.now i am looking for any job opportunity available in Juba.

Am a strongly motivated economist who studied in uganda and is looking forward to openning an auditing firm but has nothing at hand yet.

Hello dear,
           my name is manna Asefaw Hailemariam.currently am here in juba,south sudan working in a private clinic as a nurse pratitioner.I graduated from Asmara university college of health science Asmara,Eritrea  practiced in the field of  comprehensive nursing including midwifery(diploma)in 2011.I had worked in hospitals,community hospitals,health centers as being a nurse,midwifery,nutrition center,general nurse practitioner in Eritrea,Ethiopia(in Eritrean reffugee camp when i was being a refuge)&currently in juba south sudan. forward, eagerly am looking such work places which suits my proffesion.

sincerly,
                                                                                                                               Manna Asefaw(NMW)

am in kenya and have already graduated in bcs.wildlife mgt,please assist me to get the relevant job sector.

Dear

I am Ibrahim aged 35. I have 12 years of  NGO experience. I have worked for Oxfam, Save the children, UNDP and other international NGOs.

Closed