New members of the Sri Lanka forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Sri Lanka forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Sri Lanka if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi,

I am a Sri Lankan who now live mostly in the UK  but visit Sri Lanka regularly. Just joined Expat.com and happy to be a part of it. I believe this is a wonderful way of getting to know expat destinations, share thoughts, seek advice etc.

As a Sri Lankan I am happy to see an active Sri Lankan expat community.

Best regards,
Janaka.

Nice to get introduced you all

Hi I'm Christopher. I have had a house in Negombo for 15 years, which  I used to visit every year for holidays.

Last year I retired from my curtain making and interior design business in Fulham, SW London and came to live full time in Sri Lanka.

I am working as a teaching assistant in a local English Language school.

Hi Christopher, Nice to meet you in Expat.com. Me too from Negombo. What is the language school you teach at the moment? I work to a uni. :)

Which uni? What's your job?

Hello all. Thank you for your email reminder, Julien. In answer to your question, our move to Sri Lanka has probably been put off. A combination of lack of communication from Lanka Ministry of Transport as regards new transit business as well as a general conservatism about starting a new business in a foreign land means we will be postponing our interest in Lanka for at least a few years.

Too bad - the country looks gorgeous and the people seem friendly.

Hi everybody,

Please note that some inappropriate posts have been removed from this topic.

Thank you,

Priscilla

Hi Christopher,
Since you work in an English language school (in Colombo?) please recommend the house in Colombo 5 that I advertised today that is available for rent to expats as a residence.
Regards,
Deirdre

Hi everybody!
My name is Francesca I'm Italian and I'm living and working in Colombo in the tourism industry, please if you like keep in touch with me!

Ciao! :)

Hi Francesca,
Welcome to Sri Lankan forum.
Would you like to tell us little more details about you?
What brought you here in this small island in Indian ocean? :D
Do you stay long? What do you hope to do in future?
What was the impression you got when landing this first?
Is it easy or difficult to move with locals?
Best regards
Mal

My name is Sameera Hasantha Welikala who lives in Colombo (Mount Lavinia) – Sri Lanka. I'm 31 years old, married and father of two daughters.

In terms of my employment background, I have more than 11 years of experience in the Logistics field, and 2 year of experience in ICT and Event Management. I'm Professional, Creative, person who out of box thinking & very ambitious. My vision is to be novel & insightful in the sphere of Logistics, Management & Administration with a passion & dedication.

I have strong feeling & trust of my skills & knowledge about the Products & Management. Also I'm a person who cans easily adapting for any environment, cultures, societies & situations.

Thanks & Regards
Sameera Welikala

Hi,
Are you working in tourism industry? what is your expertise?  We are operating a camping site at YALA, can you get us some tourist who likes to stay in jungle.
SSJ

[email protected]
elephantlakeyala.com

[Moderated:Avoid copy/paste on the forum.]

ssj48 wrote:

Hi,
Are you working in tourism industry? what is your expertise?  We are operating a camping site at YALA, can you get us some tourist who likes to stay in jungle.
SSJ

sumith48[at]gmail.com
elephantlakeyala.com

Hello Sumith,
You can post an ad in our Sri Lanka's classified section for the visibility of Sri Lankan expats. You can visit here regularly and contribute to our topics and then you can meet many expat friends who are interested in camping.

All the best!!
Mal

Thanks.
SSJ

Hi Diedre

I'm afraid that I don't live in Colombo. I live In Negombo.

Regards

Christopher

(Moderated: Off topic)

Hai,My name is Ashokkumar living in the Mannar Island (The tiny Island in  North West of Sri Lanka).

Worked in the UN and NGO field over 28 years mostly all over Sri Lanka in the position of Field Assistant, District Administrative Officer, Regional administrative officer,Logistics Officer, Logistics coordinator, Programme and Project Manager,District Manager,Sector Manager,Director and Head of Project.

In my last carrier I was involved in the implement ion of the Organic Agriculture Practices for the farmers  in the Mulithivu District and I was so happy to be part of preventing the earth from Global warming.

Regards.

Ashok

J.A.Ashokkumar wrote:

Hai,My name is Ashokkumar living in the Mannar Island (The tiny Island in  North West of Sri Lanka).

Worked in the UN and NGO field over 28 years mostly all over Sri Lanka in the position of Field Assistant, District Administrative Officer, Regional administrative officer,Logistics Officer, Logistics coordinator, Programme and Project Manager,District Manager,Sector Manager,Director and Head of Project.

In my last carrier I was involved in the implement ion of the Organic Agriculture Practices for the farmers  in the Mulithivu District and I was so happy to be part of preventing the earth from Global warming.

Regards.

Ashok

Hi Ashok,
Welcome to EB!! It is very happy to have a member like you. :)  You can join all our threads and write something to share with other members, help them with their problems using your experience  or ask any questions regarding expat life.
All the best!
Mal

Hi, I am Dayani living and working in Jaffna peninsula

vannamyildayani wrote:

Hi, I am Dayani living and working in Jaffna peninsula

Hi Dayani,
Welcome to EB!! :)
Please give us a small introduction of you and then you can join our forum by writing in threads.
All the best!!
mal

Hi All,

My name is Sharif Mohamed who is from Maldives and currently living in Sri Lanka. I am an active citizen of youth who have worked in UN and in other various NGO's for more than 8 Years and have expertise background in Technology, Economics and Business Management.

Thanks, hope I'll be most welcomed here to this lovely community of Expat.

Hi Sharif

Welcome

What are you doing in Sri Lanka ?

blencz wrote:

Hi All,

My name is Sharif Mohamed who is from Maldives and currently living in Sri Lanka. I am an active citizen of youth who have worked in UN and in other various NGO's for more than 8 Years and have expertise background in Technology, Economics and Business Management.

Thanks, hope I'll be most welcomed here to this lovely community of Expat.

Hi
Welcome to EB. and welcome to Sri Lanka forum. Thanks for the introduction. Hope you will meet a lot of young friends here to work with.
All the best!
Mal

Hi everybody,I'm Philipp from Germany. I grew up in Sri lanka,and for last 4 years I was in German Special force..and now got retired and doing my own tour company here in Sri Lanka. :) thats my life story. Thanks

wannahelp wrote:

Hi everybody,I'm Philipp from Germany. I grew up in Sri lanka,and for last 4 years I was in German Special force..and now got retired and doing my own tour company here in Sri Lanka. :) thats my life story. Thanks

Hello Phillipp,
Welcome to Expat.com. Thanks for the nice introduction.
Hope you will find more friends here!!
All the best!
Mal

Thanks mal

ok dr..sir..
call me +940713778701.
i am redy to  wrok

upul sanjaya wrote:

ok dr..sir..
call me +940713778701.
i am redy to  wrok

Hello Upul
Welcome to Expat.com!
We would like to have a little introduction of you.
Regards
Mal

Hi All,

I am a Sri Lankan, who has worked in the USA and Singapore and now back home. I am working on Freelance basis now, and work remotely as a Telecommuter, for a company in USA and Singapore. I am in the Computer Software Field, and I do undertake assignments overseas too, on short term basis.

Would like to make friends with Expats who are coming on projects to Sri Lanka as well as retirees who want to move to Sri Lanka. I am also keen in meeting people like me, who have been Expats in other countries and returned back to Sri Lanka.

I love the outdoors and the beach and love to travel.

Hi ChristopherHH,

Thanks for your private message, and I did reply, but unfortunately the site does not allow me to send it......

That's strange. I don't know why it shouldn't allow you to reply to a private
well, it said that I need to post in the Forums for a while, before that facility can be activated for a new member. I was able to send a couple of Private Messages earlier on...so I guess there is a limit, before you are approved as a new member. By the way, is there an 'Approval' Step

Hi ChristopherHH,

Same result, even if I originate a message

I don't know if there is an approval step.

Don't cut and paste messages. The organisers are very uptight about cutting and pasting messages. They assume that cut and past messages are spam and they block your  pms.

You can email me at *** if you like

well, I guess I am being blocked from using PM's. and as the message said, I have to post in the forum for a while before it is activated again

Guys, you are completely off topic here ..

Ciao Francesca

We're moving soon to Colombo and would also like to make some friends. Il mio marito e Italiano :-)

Jaymie x

Closed