New members of the Nicaragua forum, introduce yourself here

Hola Amigos,
My name is Rachel. My family and I are considering a move to Nicaragua for one year. Our goals include cultural and language immersion for our family including three children, volunteering in agricultural development, and enjoying the slower, soak up all that is good, lifestyle.

I traveled extensively in Nicaragua in the 2000's, as a single women, without my family. Now we're looking at homeschooling/unschooling our 10, 6, and 6 year olds and our perspective shifts towards finding a residence for one year.

Does anyone have experience with homeschooling in Nica? Or sending their children to the local schools? Both are considerations for us.

We are considering locating to the mountains or Leon (I know big contrasts). We're not interested in a huge expat community, but would like a few English speaking friends.

Thank you for welcoming us to the online expat community!

Hello Everyone:  I am going by the name PollyExplorer, my name is Pauline.  I am a retired teacher and currently undergoing a divorce.  I am still friends with my partner but I need time away to adjust to single living.  I write children's ebooks and have a children's blog page.  http;//childrenandteensstoriestomotivateandinspire.com
i am a very happy individual and really enjoy meeting people.  My partner and i have been house/pet sitting for six years.  This has allowed us to  travel widely, to meet people and work with animals - a great combination.   i would like to do this in Nicaragua so that  it might give some ex-pats time to travel - visit family, etc.  However, since this might not be available, i am open to numerous ideas regarding accommodation (small bedsitter, shared accommodation, etc).  My renting would NOT be year-round, as I would like to spend the summers in Canada and the remaining part of the year in Nicaragua.  I am open to ideas as to where to live as an older woman (I am gay, but I have  not found this ever to be an issue for most straight people).  I am very low maintenance, kind and gentle with a peaceful nature.  i am very optimistic and look forward to a new life ahead of me. :heart:  I will be in Nicaragua for the first time perhaps in December 2018. :heart:  P.S  i would like to volunteer in social projects.  I would like to teach English (free of charge) - i am in the process of learning Spanish.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751392

Thanks!

Closed