New members of the Libya forum, introduce yourself here

to Imran

I hope you're settling well in Misurata, i was there last year for about 5 months and i'll be happy to help if there is anything you need. There is another member of this forum who is also from Pakistan (i'm pretty sure it's Pakistan) and who works for Al NAseeem in Misurata...his name is Mohsen i think. Maybe you two could help each other over there... j ust a though :) welcome to Libya anyway

Wassalam

Hello Jameela,
           Thank you for your concern. I will ask you if anything I need. Yes, Mohsin is my  friend. We came together in  Misurata.

To Atif,
Brother conditions are not good in Binghazi in these days. Some groups are fighting each other.  Try to ask from your company. what they are saying regarding your security.

Hi everyone.

I am Sheralyn.  I am a nurse and it is my first day in this site. ... I somehow enjoying my stay here in libya for two years now.  Hope that everybody are safe. .

Hi Sheralyn,
Good to see u in this forum. What city r u living ?

Hi. I am residing in tripoli. :)

AOA to All,

I found it a very informative website, Thanks a lot to all for sharing informations.

Wassalam.
Atif

This is my 4th month in Libya. I like the way people here are friendly though there is few who are not friendly. Thanks to God things are improving from bad to good.

Gorgonio here from Philippines. Looking for buddies leaving near tripoli and looking for news here in Libya

[moderated: not a dating website]

Its really true very difficult to tell what will be tomorrow. ...

I'm frustrated. I cannot respond to messages in my inbox unless I post in the forum. But I don't have contributions to make in the forum and I'm told it is not wise to speak publicly.

dubi wrote:

I'm frustrated. I cannot respond to messages in my inbox unless I post in the forum. But I don't have contributions to make in the forum and I'm told it is not wise to speak publicly.

To activate your PM system you first have to make a number of posts. You can reply to existing posts or make new ones. 
This is the same for everyone. This is to stop spammers from joining up and then immediately flooding the system with spam emails. 

You could post about your country, about life there, about yourself. Just use your imagination and then start posting  :top:

@stumpy,
Thanks for the info.
Surely there must be a better way.
It actually let me use pm until just recently, so I doubt it is set up this way to prevent spam otherwise I would have been prevented from the beginning.
It seems this is more about forced participation, which I would be happy to do if anyone else participated freely, but I've been warned its not safe to speak freely on the forums...and with no pm's allowed...I guess I say goodbye?

Another bit of advice to improve the site... Allow an option to delete individual messages instead of having to remove a whole conversation.
I could have 50 useless messages and 1 with important info, and when space is full, I have no choice but to delete everything.

dubi wrote:

@stumpy,
Thanks for the info.
Surely there must be a better way.
It actually let me use pm until just recently, so I doubt it is set up this way to prevent spam otherwise I would have been prevented from the beginning.
It seems this is more about forced participation, which I would be happy to do if anyone else participated freely, but I've been warned its not safe to speak freely on the forums...and with no pm's allowed...I guess I say goodbye?

Another bit of advice to improve the site... Allow an option to delete individual messages instead of having to remove a whole conversation.
I could have 50 useless messages and 1 with important info, and when space is full, I have no choice but to delete everything.

Those who are sending emails to you already have posted frequently enough to have their system activated.
You can dump individual emails. 
The system is not designed to force people to participate. You do so at your own free will. 

As new member I had to go through the same as anyone else, participate and post before ym PM system was up and running.

Sorry that you are thinking of leaving, but perhaps reconsider, post on other sections of the forum and then get  your PM system up and running.

This is a great forum and I am sure others will agree with me.

Hi,
My name is Amos B.Barclay,Jr. a Liberian with excellence knowledge in general constructions or civil engineer.I have seven years experience working in industrial, private and Ngos sectors.I am seeking job in Libya to help rebuild the war tune country as my quota.Never have I live in Libya nor stop there,but my passion leaves me to work there.
I stand ready to submit my credential to authenticate my qualification when so required.
Thank for your program.I look forward to hearing from your soon.

To whom it may concern,

My name is Mohamed Smine, a Moroocan national, living in Libya since 2002, and working in the hospitality business, hotels and catering to oil businesses in the Libyan desert,

I traveled al over the world and worked and lived in 8 different countries in Europe, middle east, north Africa and the United states of America, I also speak Arabic, French, English and german.

hi my name is ugonna...am from nigeria, I have be in Libya for 6 months now, and I don't have a job . Please help me to get a good job..I will be happy to hear from you guys . Thanks

Hello,new in this forum, am ibraheem by name am nigerias, I speak english yoruba and little hausa, I wanted to move to libyia, I wanna knw more about libyia, and hw. Am gonna. Find job uportunity

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum

HeLlo roomies,am from Nigeria and am planning to move to libya by november after graduation.I am a computer science graduate and I have skills and abilities in computer engineering(hardware troubleshooting and maintainance,webdesign and networking)I also have ability to teach english as a foreign language.I need help to get my visa and also a job.

pls my name is josua i stay in nigeria and i wish to move to libya. pls any detailes

my name is anna from philipines i guess better you ask  the embassy there in  nigeria

Hi everyone I am thinking about coming to Tripoli soon, I look forward to talking to you all.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Your post is off-topic

Hello i am a Nigerian who has live and still living in Libya for the past at least more than eight years now/I am electrician.I have worked with so many companies in Libya with over fifteen years of work experiences both industrial and domestic electrical system and still seeking for a better career.

Abdul

Hi Julin
Thanks for all your efforts ^^ I am a Libyan girl if anyone wants to ask ^^

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services not allowed. You may register your services in our Business Directory

welcome
zawia city westlibyan

Merhaba guys!

I am a turkish guy moving to Misratah most probably next September or October.

I'd really like to meet other expats and locals to make friends before moving there. I am opened to all advices and having friendly chats.

Hello,

My name is Nathan Hatch and am looking at working in Libya doing Security Sector Mapping and am VERY interested in making contacts and friends and am hoping to contribute to the Libyan economy by hiring Libyans to help document the security situation that is actually really happening on the ground across the country. This will remain Libya's biggest issue until it is sorted through and militias' problems and grievances are solved in order to come to a solid conclusion and rebuilding Libya's economy. I look forward to making the decision by the 22nd of next month so wish me and my professional team the best!

Thank You,
Nathan Hatch

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Welcome on board! Please share contact infos only in private.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am Abid from New York and looking for some contacts in Tripoli Libya.I will be planning to visit Libya for some trading opportunities.

I'm Char and I'm from the US. I'll be moving to Benghazi in about a week. Any other female expats in the area, or anyone who just wants to share their experiences in general? This forum seems a little quiet, probably for obvious reasons, but I have heard that the situation in Libya is not as bad as it appears in the media.

welcome if u want n to come here any help  just tel me

hey Nethan, i just moved here in tripoli, are you still in libya, if yes lets connect

het Char , good to know there are western expat moving here , just like me , In moved here just a month ago and would love to connect :)

Sabah al kheir /good morning Marwan,

I am trying to find a job in Libya ( my background is project management) . Could you direct me to websites of local Oil Cos and if possible, provide me with names of recruiting agents that provide personnel to these companies ?

Many thanks in advance

Paul

Welcome, make sure you do your due diligence, situation on the ground changes frequently...

Are you in Libya? Now I'd didn't you come at all.

yes I am give me ur viber or skype

Hello everyone and welcome  :)

Please note that the "New Members" thread is only meant for the introduction of new members.

If you have a specific question to ask a particular member, you may do so through the private messaging system >Click on avatar > Send a message.

As for your questions regarding expatriation, feel free to create a new topic on the Libya forum so that members may guide you.

All the best,
Bhavna

Closed