New members of the Colombia forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Colombia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Colombia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi All,

Moving to Bogota in 3 weeks. I work online, so I can live anywhere there is internet. I have been to Bogota 3 times. Looking forward to going back. Will be staying 3 months at a time for now. Finding an apartment has been the most difficult thing so far. Still looking.

Robert

Hello everybody,

Been traveling to Medellin from Miami every month since February. Love the city and the people. Slowly considering building another home there and dividing my time between Medellin and my home town. Work mostly on the internet for U.S. based clients as a freelance advertising creative director, but wouldn't mind expanding my client base abroad. Would love to hear stories of others that have made the jump. :)

Planning a month-long stay in June. Will also be back for a weekend at the end of the month.

Hello,
I'm from Bogotá Colombia, I'm looking for people who speak french in order to practice  :)  I appreciate your help, in exchange I can help you with spanish or english  :)

Salut!  J'habite à Bogotá - Colombie, je voudrais pratiquer mon français, si tu veux m'aider n'hesiter pas d'écrire  :)

hello my name is benjamin pierce
ive lived in colombia for 17 years now in all parts
im originally from miami

Hi everyone, I spend my time between Australia and Colombia, and I'm a health professional currently conducting health research about expats in SA. On my next trip I hope to expand my knowledge of the wonderful local customs and traditions, try to improve my very basic Spanish language skills, and also catch up with any expats. Have a great day :-)

Hey - I don't live in Colombia but want to come and visit by end of this year for vacation (4-6 week) and started researching a bit...therefore, I am open for any suggestions you might have and willing to share with me what places to visit, which don't, how to commute, when is the best time to go and ...

I am German and moved a while ago to Doha and want to discover Colombia over December and January....

Any suggestions or comments are welcome to start planning and a discussion...either by locals preferably and/or other travelers who are in the same stage of planning to come or have been to Columbia....

Muchas gracias...

Hasta Luego...

Kai

Hello im next neigbour country kuwait , main places are medllien cali cartagena san andres island spanish is required in colombia 70% of colombia are agriculture , people are good,

How you will reach colombia
Many ways are reach colombia for 1200 $ or more maybe could reach 2000 $ as. Holidays christmass and newyears holidays probably june is best rate ,

hello my name is benjamin pierce
ive currently lived in colombia for 17 years
currently im in santa marta
can you give me more details about your profession
im currently in a wheelchair
and looking for a physical therapist

if you can go through miami or ft lauderdale prices could be as low as 500.00 for roundtrip
i usualy buy round trip tickets
then when time gets close to return i cash in the ticket
since i have a visa to live here i doint need to use the return ticket
this cuts the cost in half

id suggest finding some one here like me who can assist you
so you dont pay overpriced apartments
for the month or 2 your here since christmas is high tourism especially where i live in santa marta

sounds like you have a plan, my first home is Northern Virginia just outside Washington DC. I'm living in Manizales.. its great..nothing compairs! Good luck to you! JIM

I am not worried about the tix price-just want a one/2 bedroom apartment
in Cartagena. Am retired, but have lived in Puerta de los Alpes area of Cartagena.
Now I need a new place for about 300-400USD per month-anybody know of any
body that can help me find a place?

My e-mail is [email protected] and US phone number is 786 357 5451
Can come anytime to find place after June 15.

are you sure you want cartagena i lived there for 7 years but im much happier in santa marta (rodadero)
im living here for 520.00 per month fully furnished 1 bedroom apt. wirth swimming pool ,gym,jacuzzi,store,
not bad im retired and on fixed income close to the beach
let me know i can help here but cartagena my wife is from there
we could help you together
[Moderated]

Hi, I am new to all this, but visit Bogota on a regular basis as of course it involves a wonderful lady whom I will make my wife in the next 18months. If anyone from the UK is living there that would like to make contact it would be nice to meet other Brits in Bogota.

I have found some of the information contained in this blog very useful, so had to join the group as I believe we can all help each other.

Living between Colombia and the UK is the desire and sure that one day Colombia will be my permanent home.

Look forward to hearing from anyone that wishes to make contact.

Regards
David

Hi my name is Bob and I am opening up a vegetarian, carb free taco stand in Turbo, Colombia. So, my taco will consist only of lettuce and onion......no tortilla, and no meat. For only 10 dollars, you will get to put out your hand and I will give you a delicious taco (remember...no tortilla and no meat) consisting of a Little bit of lettuce and a Little bit of diced onion. Come on by...I am on the corner of sixtieth and séptima.

Hey guys, I am going to live in Bogota for a while from Junly, would like to meet new people. I am from China :)

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory)

Hola fellow expats. I retired in 2000, and decided to visit Latin American countries. I worked in Texas many years as a state trooper and visited Mexico extensively. So I came down to Costa Rica, Panama, and Colombia. I received a very warm welcome from the fine "gente" in Bogota and decided I would stay. I felt right at home being fluent in Spanish. Applied for a visa, it was free for me at that time, (2010) and got my cedula, Been here 3 years now and love it. Met a very lovely lady and we are planning to marry soon. Having a wonderful time, the climate is excellent for my health. I am glad to join this Blog. So a warm "Howdy" from a displaced Texan.

Hi expats, I teach spanish to foreigners in Bogota, as Social Communicator I'm well aware of impact of my language in several scenarios inside Colombia and abroad. If you want to learn spanish just tell how can I help you, I will happy to do it.

Hey Guys,

I am Prem, I am from India and I like to travel around the world and stay in a country for an year and work. I am currently in Bogota. I have lived in Brazil already and the next destination next year for me is Czech Republic.

Regards,
Prem

Hi all, my name is Barry from Australia, i am looking to live in Colombia for a year, moving there at the end of the year and will be studying Spanish while there and hopefully doing some diving and sight seeing.

Hola/Hello Amigos
i m from Pakistan.Studying Medicine in Cuba .terminating in March 2015.i want to do job in Public or private health sector .guide me in this concern.i can speak Spanish to its full.looking for any contract in Health sistem in colombia.
email.
[email protected]
so please help me los amigos colombianos y the expat too.

Hi All ,

I am from Australia. I wanting to go to Colombia and Peru on a visit to ancient cities. Anyone know any good places? I am also after to party. My friends have been to Colombia and the nightlife is amazing I heard :)

Please let me know! Thanks to all my dearest friends!

hello my name is Benjamin Pierce
i have lived in colombia going on 18 years now
maybe i could give you some ideas on that i live in santa marta
have been all over colombia

Hello, My name is Diana, I'm Colombian, I live in Bogota, and I'd Love to meet people from all around the world. I have a special attachment for japanese people..... so Hi!!!

Hey! My name is Naomi from Quebec. Moving to Barranquilla this January for an exchange program with my university for 6 months. Looking for any advice on getting a roomate or flatshare situation, anyone currently living in Barranquilla or with info pls msg me!! :)

hello welcome to colombia ive been here going on 18 years now formerly from florida
now living in santa marta

Hello ! I am French and organize expat meetings in Santa Marta. I will organize an expat meeting in Santa Marta on thursday 21st august at 8H30 PM at the Rodadero in Santa Marta (Bar la Terraza)

Hello to all, i am from Greece and i am in love with a guy from Barranquilla!! Still looking for a way to go there!! I have read all about their culture and people, i am learning spanish and i wish to go there and meet him. Is it easy to find a job there? Thank you

Not easy to find a job except if you are an English teacher. For my part, I search a distant job (work at home) to be paid in dollars or euros. A distant job is a good solution.

You are lucky to work online. I search such an opportunity, sure it's the best one.

Regards

Didier

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hello, I presently live in Rio de Janeiro (10 years) but am seriously considering a move to Colombia in around 18 months.  Will hopefully get lots of answers and help from this blog regarding visas and setting up businesses etc! 

Thanks

Ed.

Hi,

I am Andras and I don't live in Barranquilla, but I would like to be in contact with somebody who lives there. I need some help and only somebody living in Barranquilla can help me. Please contact me!

I'm hooked line and sinker to Colombia!

Hola, busco alguien que me Oriente para mi estadía de vacaciones en Roma, Italia. Gracias

Hi, my name is Bob and I like nachos.

Hello,

My name is George and I recently moved to Cali. My country of origin is the US, but I have lived the last 7 years in Antigua, Guatemala.

I am hopeful to make a few expat friends here in Cali to help 'orient' me to my new home.

Regards,

George

PS - I live in South Cali - cuidad Jardin

I would like to move to Cali Colombia.I would like to make some friends there before I go.I like the outdoors,music,and meeting new people.I would like to know where to find a place to live,and have someone to show me around.I live in Clearwater fl . I'm single and would like to meet a nice girl.

Closed