New members of the Iceland forum, introduce yourself here

Also my wife can cook real authentic mexican food and we always talked about moving to another country to see if they would like the food.her beef burritos are awsome!!

Hi all,

We re a young french couple, and as a lot of people, we had a crush for this country... That's why, we're planning to move as soon as we can on the island... I'm done with my journalism studies, whereas my Gf, is still student in teaching... If some of you have tips to work in Island, I take it !

Cheers !

Thank you!

Looking to live in Iceland.

Not part of the EEA though.

But still gonna make it happen!!

Lovely day to you all from. Los Angeles!!

Http://www.reverbnation.com/goosyandmama

Twitter.com/goosyandmama

Greetings Everyone,
  I currently live in Tennessee with my Icelandic wife.  We are considering making a move to Iceland and would be interested in and grateful for any information that anyone could pass on.  One particular area of concern is looking for work for myself.  I am a Software Engineer and would be looking for work in that profession.  I have had some difficulty finding any sites that list any job posting for Iceland.  I would be grateful for any information that anyone could provide in this area.  Thank you in advance.

Kevin

kmlowe1 wrote:

Greetings Everyone,
  I currently live in Tennessee with my Icelandic wife.  We are considering making a move to Iceland and would be interested in and grateful for any information that anyone could pass on.  One particular area of concern is looking for work for myself.  I am a Software Engineer and would be looking for work in that profession.  I have had some difficulty finding any sites that list any job posting for Iceland.  I would be grateful for any information that anyone could provide in this area.  Thank you in advance.

Kevin

I work for a software company and we have almost never advertised our positions. People send us resumes and if someone seems promising, they get hired, or at least kept on file. I've seen that this word-of-mouth method is how it operates in MANY software companies. Perhaps your wife can help find some connections there? Otherwise, looking up iceland-based  software companies and cold-sending resumes could actually yield some results.

Thank you very much for that suggestion.   My wife has started doing just that.  I retired from the Navy in 2010 and really haven't had much experience in job hunting.  Thank you again.

Hello everyone!

Is so nice to be part of this community.

I recently visited Iceland, it had been a dream for a long time until I was able to make it possible and obviously I fell so in love with the country, the culture, the sense of being I felt while visiting that I'm now looking into relocating as a plan for my life.

I'm coming back to visit next year, and trying to put together a plan to end a job there since I'm not from Europe.

So please wish me luck, provide your suggestions and encouragement on this journey that just started for me.

Thank you and looking forward to connect with likeminded people :)

Hello everybody

my name is Diego martinez, I am Colombian and plannig to relocate with my family to Iceland. I am currently living in Colombia.
Our plan is that I go over there first  myself  and start working and settle.  Once done that I can bring my wife and kids to live there.
Now, if I can find a Job where I can bring my family with me it would be very interesting..

I have been applying for jobs but nothing has come up yet. Will keep trying though.

I have a BS in business management and working at the moment with experience in 9001: 2008 quality system. My mother tongue is spanish and I´m fluent in english.

I am 29 years old and wanting to improve the future of my family in an interesting country like Iceland.

Cheers to you all

Ps. Write me back if somebody can give me a heads up in this matter.

Hello,

My name is Younes 32 years old , from Essaouira Morocco and I am planning to move to Iceland becouse i Skilled and professional cook looking for a cook job or any other job where I can practice and share my experiences and develop my skills. I am available and ready for international move.
it would be great help if anyone can assist me in this.
Regards
Younes

Hi!

I'm Todd!  My husband and I are considering a move to Iceland and are looking for some information on the process of purchasing a house!

We are both EU nationals, so don't expect any sort of issues in terms of visas, etc.

Any help or tips would be much appreciated!

Best,
Todd

I am a web developer, an entrepreneur and a junior tennis coach. I have been doing web development on a small scale in my country. I have been training and teaching tennis to unprivileged children in Kampala Uganda. I believe I can expand my services to Iceland hoping for a positive response. Thanks shahiid

I am a Nurse from the UK who is considering moving to Iceland to work. I visited the country in November and fell in love. It seems there are a lot of opportunities for nurses in Iceland and I have already made contact with the main hospital to begin negotiations. I'm so excited!

Happily the wages appear to match the cost of living which was my main concern.

Now just to find a place to rent and a car!

Hi,
I am Laia a Spanish student who is comming to Reykjavik from January 2018 to April 2018. I will be doing a placement in a school of the capital and  I am looking for student accomodation. Since I am not linked to any university from Iceland I do not know wheter I will be able to apply for some student residences or not.

Could you please lend me a hand?

Thank you very much
Laia

Planing on finding work and relocating in Iceland
from Cape Town South Africa
I am qualified as and Art director / graphic designer
but I would not mind doing something else at all such as bar work or work at a resort in the winter or summer season.(can provide references)
That might be an amazing opportunity to change my career or take a break.
I can speak English German and Dutch.

I was wondering if you where able to get some feedback/ might be able to give me some feedback or advise of how I can get in contact with the right channels.if you have not yet try [email protected]

Hello, forum members!

My name is Dave Dronzkowski and I'm a newbie on the Iceland expat forum.  I am seriously considering emigrating to Iceland with my family.  I'd would like to learn about others that have gone through the experience.

As for me, I'm married with two young children - both boys.  I'm an established professional with multiple college degrees.  I consider myself flexible and have had multiple different types of positions with growing levels of responsibilities.

Please contact me with any input!  Looking forward to meeting other forum members.

hello i like your sad story it would be pleasure for me if u contact with me

Hi there.   Firstfull l really like to be working with you there as l cooking man beause my job is That l do cookery job And l would like to joind to you .l really love icland country because l like to live in peacefull And safety country as l a safe man .im sporty l do rugby sport And l go to the gym three times a week And then l like travel some countries that l never been because l like to see some nature And cultures wich l havent seen before .    Best wishes

I'm students from Somalia and I would like to study in Iceland and work there so can anyone help me?

:top:

Hi there,
My name is Eric. I am currently in high school in America, but plan on coming to Iceland next year. I would love to do my 10th grade at MH in Reykjavik. It all seems good except for the housing(hint, hint). I love Iceland. My mother says I love Iceland a bit too much, but I'm not sure if thats possible. I love everything about Iceland. The food, the vibes, the climate, everything! I think it would be awesome to do high school and potentially university in Iceland!

am jevan gautam from nepal and am a heavy driver and had good experience of gulf driving and I want to move iceland for my son nelson gautam future.

Hi everyone!
My name is Jade, im from the Philippines and i just moved in to Iceland a month ago with my husband and this country is awesome!
I would like to know and meet some people living here.
If you happen to be interested to be my friend,  dont hesitate to send me a message! :top:
Cheers!!

Hi, is there still people on this forum offering help and advice? I noticed nothing has been posted for a long time? Thanks Raymond

Hi, I've just the forum today. I'm looking for any advice help or possible problems. We are from England and my wife and I are in the early stages of planning a move to Iceland. We have two small children. weve been to Iceland a couple of times before and have fell in love with the place, the people, and the way of life out there and have decided it would be the best place to bring up our children. I am a truck driver, I have my HGV license. How much work is there for truck drivers in Iceland? My wife is a supervisor in retail but would be looking after our children when we move. She would maybe find a small job if possible my be in retail or restaurant etc if possible. From what we can gather I would have to secure a job and find a place to rent. Apart from this it seems quite straight forward to move, is there anything else we should consider. Also how difficult is it to find and rent a 2 bed apartment. Any advice would be greatly received;)

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751339

Thanks!

Closed