New members of the Belize forum, introduce yourself here

Thank you,
We are Jeff and Nicole from Atlanta, GA.  We have spent these past 4 years searching for suitable land to keep our horses, build our house, live out the next phase of our life in the sun (and rain) in Belize.  We both love to scuba dive, and cook.  Nicole is the horse person and trains horses and riders in Natural Horsemanship with emphasis on Western.  Myself - I like to ride my Harley Davidson, bowl, darts, play drums, brew and drink good beer.
We finally found our land on the Coastal Road,  Clearing will begin early 2015 and hopefully house building will start early 2016 once the pastures and fencing are established.
We are keeping fingers crossed that paving work on the Coastal Rd will begin in near future - at least in next 3-5 years : )  The surveyors told us we had to allow 40' of easement for the new road so that is a good sign - we hope.
I am just over 50 and Nicole is 45 so we want to retire while we can physically enjoy life.

hello Jeff and Nicole,
     Welcome, and good luck with your project,
I have been building just off the northern end of the southern highway for three years.
not far from the southern end of the coastal road. the coastal road is a long road, if you
are any where near the southern end, you may be able to learn from some of my mistakes.,
and I have established some good (and honest) connections.
feel free to contact [email protected]

Hi, I'm a single mom with three kids and we'd all like to move out of the cold and spend our lives enjoying the beach. I'm a work-from-home graphic artist and all I need is a decent internet connection to get my work done.   I'm hoping to rent a home with at least three bedrooms and enough land for a large garden and maybe some chickens.   I'm not entirely particular about where to live but Corozal looks nice.  I'd love to hear from anyone that's moved there with kids..  maybe about what the schools are like and possibly offer advice or concerns.

We are a 60s retired couple that is tired of the rat race, everyone is in a hurry and what has become the Corporate States of America formerly known as the USA. If we can get our property sold here we are seriously considering moving to your more laid back lifestyle.
Would like all the information everyone on this forum can give us on making the move.

Hello!  Moving to Gales Point in May 2015.

Hello there!  I am hoping that you are the folks that our realtor, Mark, has told us about.  We are moving to the Gales Point area in the May/June timeframe.  Would be great to connect with you.

Hello TaunyaFaye I'm Sheryl from Arvada. We will be moving to Corozol  march-april.   How r u planning to move?

WOW!  Arvada.  We just moved from Boulder to Westminster.  Sold our house in Boulder and are living in a tiny apartment just off Wadsworth (I can see it now) until we move.  We are moving in May.  We are on the fence about whether to drive or ship our belongings and doing research to finalize this decision.  How are you planning to move?

After getting quotes on shipping some furniture we decided to sell everthing  only take  personal belongings. We will be renting while house is being built so we have plenty of time to buy what we need. Still not sure how to ship afew boxes though   How about u?

After getting quotes on shipping some furniture we decided to sell everthing  only take  personal belongings. We will be renting while house is being built so we have plenty of time to buy what we need. Still not sure how to ship afew boxes though   How about u?

We are have sold most everything, but since we are doing the majority of the building, we are bringing tools and I am an artist so will bring my easel and art supplies.  We have a trailer that will house everything and we will either drive it through Mexico or ship it.  Still deciding.

Where is Gales Point?

Gales Point is a village in Belize District in the nation of Belize, Central America. The village is on a peninsula in the Southern Lagoon

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?n … ORM=INFOCM

Corozol is in northern Belize across the bay to Chetamal Mexico. R u near Placencia.?

I was just in Corozal on our way from Mahahual to Gales Point.  Gales Point is not close to Placencia.  It is in the Southern Lagoon - you can google it to get a good map.

Ok. Hey u on facebook? Wld be fun to get toghether face to face to compare notes!

Hi everybody;

Please note that this topic has been created for the new members only, they came here in order to introduce themselves.

Therefore, i advise those who are looking for some information to create a new thread on the Belize forum please.

Thank you

Priscilla
Expat.com team

(off topic)

Hey All !
So we're looking at moving to Belize in the next two years and hoping to start a second phase to our ministry. We currently have a small basecamp in Belmopan that teams utilize when they come to serve in Belize. Currently we manage it from the states,online, and with the help of my mother who so graciously volunteered to move down and manage things after we purchased the property! She loves it there and has been there full time for 4 years...We we would love to call it home permanently as well!
Our hope is to find a place near Corozal or even Placencia, Caye Caulker, Hopkins or possibly San Ignacio though we really want to be near the beach. We think it would be great to have an option for teams coming down to do half a trip in Belmopan area and half near the sea!
We get awesome teams coming down doing a variety of things from helping in schools, doing after school programs, sports clinics, concerts in the parks, movie nights, helping at orphanages and senior centers, VBS and more. We're really into helping the less fortunate and keeping kids in school. I'd very much like to do some mentoring programs or get involved helping those who are already reaching out to the troubled youth and help get them started down the right path.
I recently saw the former Bethesda Medical Center in Corozal on the market and was wondering what kind of shape it's in if anyone is in that area...The listing mentioned it needs extensive roof repairs but the pictures are few and vague...Looking for similar properties to look at so if you know of any please feel free to give us a heads up!
Thanks and I hope you're enjoying the dream ! I pushed a snow blower for 4 hours yesterday...so done with winters!
Take care and God Bless ~~~
Shawn

I have a potential option for you near Gales Point - you could be right on the beach.  send me a private email at [email protected] if you are interested.  We just bought a property there and the area has just lost its base mission camp.

Coolness ! I'll e-mail you in a day or so when I have more time!
Thanks!
Shawn

Hello; my name is Rick (53) and my wife Lynda (55) and I are interested in moving to Belize. Unfortunately we have not been there yet. We plan on rectifying this March 2015 with our first visit. I fell more than one visit will be needed throughout the different seasons and throughout the different districts.

If affordable the beach would be wonderful if not maybe river access to the ocean. We feel we should meet some people who have made this change and that will greatly help and reduce the search,  through your knowledge and experiences.

Look forward to talking to all

Rick.

Hello my name is Rashid I'm from Chicago . I am retiring March 2015. My intent is to live, retire in Belize. I would like to stay there for about a year or so unless something changes.  I really need someone to walk me though this whole process. I read that a tourist visa is the easiest way to stay in Belize. In my research I read its possible to renew a tourist/visitor visa every 30days up to a year. So if someone traveled to Belize and NOT KNOWING if its guaranteed how long  they are allowed to renew their visa do expats buy then only buy a one way plane ticket? It probably will get expensive to initially buy a round trip to Belize to map things out, return to Chicago then again travel back to Belize. if that's the best way I will.  I really just need to know WHERE OR HOW DO I START?? My pension should allow me to live comfortably. And would I be able to travel back to Chicago if I had an emergency or whatever and return to Belize if need be with no problem? How do I find an inexpensive apartment? So many questions....  If I had a connection with someone who lives there they would be a great help. HELPPPPPP!!!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=437599

Thanks!

Closed