VISA - what the heck is this?

Hi,

I'm from Finland and i apply visa through Ghana embassy in Denmark. I've done this twice before and on these times iäve been given 3months and 6 months visa.

Now that i applied a visa with my new passport (got married to a ghanaian and took his name) for 60 days they only gave me 30 days. There's nothing else to it just that my trip is 35 days!

Don't they check the applications or what is this? I clearly presented the time of travelling.

Hi! I am in Sweden so we use the same lousy embassy in Denmark. You should be happy you got your pass port back :) not all people do.
As I understand it, even though you apply for and get a visa for three months it is only valid for 30 days anyway. You can extend it in Ghana but when we have traveled and stayed for two months weŽve never had any problems. This time I will extend it though since we are planning on staying much longer and we donŽt want any problems with the authorities regarding our stay.
If you are staying in Ghana apply for a residence permit.

Thanks Ebony08 :)

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm going to do - extend my stay. It's just that I haven't had this problem before. Was just wondering does it have anything to do with the change of political party in power or that the ministry of foreign affairs (or other ministry, i don't remember) burned down and they lost quite alot of information.

Did you extend it at the airport or in the foreign affairs?

I have never extended it before. There is one member here who calls herself (GP) I think it was. She has a guide and a blogg that gives information on this. I know that some people travel in and out to get a new stamp but one can also extend it in the country.

It has nothing to do with the change. ItŽs just Ghana. I remember when we were at the police station asking whether one had to have an international drivers licence to be allowed to drive in for a month in Ghana. Two police officers were standing next to eachother and answered simultaneously but one said yes and one said no :).
Good luck and tell me how it went.

I think you can extend in at the Immigration office in Accra, this is what I did and since you are married to a GH, you can apply for a year's residence visa which allows you to come in and out for the duration.
P.S. Since the government change the immigrations laws have been toughened and they increased min. investment for foreigners almost by 200%...

I soon have to send our pass ports to Denmark. Please pray for us.
This marriage thing is really stressing me. I guess I have no other choice.