New members of the England forum, introduce yourself here

hello my name is Ricardo Vale and i am a portuguese native speaker

:top:

ola tudo bem

Hello Ricardo ,

Kindly use only English on this forum as it will allow all members to understand :)

Thanks,
Olivier
Expat.com Team

Julien wrote:

Hi all,

Newbie on the England forum? Dont know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in England if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

i intend to marry a Ugandan woman I met on holiday, what do i have to do?

Hi everyone,

My name is Auriane, I come from Toulouse and I am in Nottingham to do a PhD. I've been in the UK for aroud 5 years already (time flies by!). I like travelling and visiting new places and meeting new people from all nationalities (always more fun!). I also really enjoy passionate discussions about anything and everything, I always love to learn new stuff. I'd like to meet other expats and maybe some French speakers (but not only!) as I sometimes miss to speak in French!

Looking forward to meeting you!

Thank you very much for your anwer. i still live in spanish but on 28 of July i'm going to live there.
I wold like you give information about where i can to sleep in Brighton, and where i can go there to find a job, my level of english is B2, medium. I always have worked on my owns bussines. One of that it was of sale of equipment and products hairdressing and aesthetics, another it was about sale feeding and drugstore and last time i worked in a bar of waiter

Hi all

I'm Rui from Portugal.
I came to Coventry 3 months ago.
Besides Portuguese and English I speak French and Spanish.
Any Portuguese speaking in Coventry or Birmingham?

Regards,
Rui

Hi,
This sounds very difficult. I am trying to learn Hungarian but it is so hard!! I hope you are having a better time in the UK now.

Emma

Hi my name is Ricardo I live in birmingham for 4 months now,  if you need some indication say so I am glad to help a fellow Portuguese

Hi all:
My name is Mikel ,I am from Bilbao (Bask Country, Spain) and I am living at Nottingham ,I am glad to be come a new member and I hope everything works fine in a near future in Uk ,hope to know new people from everywhere and wish you the best.

:top:

Mikel

In london since February and willing to know more about London and sharing experience with other expats.

Stephane

Hello Rui or shold I say, Olá Rui...

Sou a Ana Silva.  Estou a viver em Hainault e na Inglaterra desde 27 de Junho último.

Nao conheço muitas pessoas cá e a adaptação está a ser um pouco dificil. A unica coisa que não é dificil é a lingua uma vez que sou fluente/nativa (vivi nos EUA dos 7 aos 19 anos), o resto, está a ser complicado. 

Sou Licenciada em Turismo e embora seja um mercado em expansão em PT, preferem pessoas mais jovens e sem experiencia...daí eu ter que mudar-me para cá.  Trabalho como Concierge no Harrods Estates em Tower Bridge.

Caso queira falar comigo, o meu contacto é [email protected]  é sempre bom conhecer mais portugueses aqui.

Ana Silva

I'm Alex from Canada. I participated in a study abroad exchange semester in England this past January 2014 until May 2014. I was under a student visitor visa. I absolutely loved England and London and I would love to come back and live there for at least a while and work. I am a Canadian citizen but my mother/aunt/grandparents were born in Croatia, so there is a possibility of obtaining a Croatian passport which theoretically would make it easier to live in the UK. However, obtaining the Croatian passport may not be so easy. My other option is finding employment in the UK and obtaining a sponsor, at which point I can work for 2 years in the UK at least.

Olá

Vou viver para Inglaterra no final de Julho. Vou iniciar um novo contracto de consultoria (~1 ano) numa empresa de telecomunicações.
Como vou trabalhar em Reading vou tentar encontrar casa perto desta cidade.

cumps

Vitor

Hello all

@ Ana Isabel Silva & vtorres : As we are on the anglophone version of the site, could you please write only in English so that members can understand and interact with you if needed?

Regards

Kenjee

Hi
Everyone im James i have lived in London all my life moved to norway looking for work last year and will be moving back to London next month.
I have been to most towns in England and i know London like the back of my hand.
Want to know where to visit/drink/avoid in London just ask im here to help :D

Salmo Alikom,
My name is Ahmed. iam Egyptian living in cairo. i will move in September 2014 to study in Westminster Collage. i have no one there. i want to contact with you to help me know about life in Westminster. Many thanks and God bless you
Regards
Ahmed Samy

it's great to help you
send me

hello every one!
am Leynada from Rwanda. am a student and I specialized in international economics that is why I need to know how England manages his economic sectors especially industries and agriculture so I need a help from u!
thank you

[Moderated: we expect members to introduce themselves on this thread + post your resume in the Translator job offers in England section pls]

Hi
I came from a small and beautiful state called kerala(God's own country) in India.
we have more than 35 river,back water, hills,etc. One of our main income is from the tourism.
most of our ppl r working out side the country.
Before i come to uk i was in dubai,
Im living with my family

Ana Isabel Silva & vtorres,  Hainault, Greater London, UK? alone? you got balls girl, wish that most wimen were like you, hope all things turn for the best for you

Hi. My name is Irene, from spain. I am thinking go to england for improve my english. It is necessary for me..I don´t know yet what city or exactly date but I would like know about people who think same that me or english people who want speak with me! :)

I have finished recently my maths teacher degree and I am elithe athlete of track and field.

If you want to speak with me, contact with me :)

Hello everyone my name is Fatou I am from Spain, I have been livening in Liverpool for 4 years now.
Is a very beautiful city, is amazing how you can find a great continuation of antic and modern at the same, full off activities especially outdoors ones, is just great city one in many.
Anyway if anyone need help feel free to contact me
Thanks

Hola a todos me llamo Fatou soy de Lleida en Cataluña, llevo viviendo aquí en Liverpool hace 4 años, es una cuidad muy bonita donde puedes encontrar una gran combinación  de antigua y moderno en el mismo lugar, es fascinante en serio, es una cuidad fantástico para vivir y encontrar trabajo, la tema de la vivienda está bien sólo hay que saber buscar.
Bueno si necesitase alguna ayuda no dudas en preguntar .
Gracias

Hello everybody,

I'm from Morocco and have been here in UK for 6 years now, I just found this web site and find it a good idea to exchange experiences with other expat and find also new friends :)

Hi there

My name is Fotini and I'm 26 years old. I'm Australian of Greek background and plan to move to London in 2015. I was hoping someone could enlighten me about what areas of London I should look into when making the move. Where I live in Australia there are certain neighbourhoods that have predominately one type of background. For example there a suburbs with a large Italian heritage or Greek or Vietnamese heritage. Is this sort of the same in London? Are there areas with a high number of people with a Greek background ? Any information would be useful. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,

My name is François, I am French. I just moved to Milton Keynes for work. I am open-minded and can talk about almost anything. I spent some time abroad before coming to the UK . I would like to meet people with different background. I can speak English, French, not too bad in Spanish and I know the basic in Russian. I love to learn new things and new language when I can.
Feel from to drop me a line!
Enjoy!

Hello! My name is Anna and I am from the United States. I will be coming to England next summer for school. I was wondering other than English is there another language that would help me when it comes time for me to possibly find a job there after school...I am so excited to travel and meet new people...getting my degree in marketing and wanting to focus on international marketing...have a great day everyone :)

Hi everyone! My name is Brian. I'm a student in linguistics in France. I'm coming to England (to Manchester) for my 3rd year of degree, expecting to improve my English and also expecting to meet new people and be inside that lovely British culture. Eventually looking for a job opportunity if it comes to me, I'll see... :)

Hi!

I'm Dria, and I'm a writer/copy editor in Los Angeles. I haven't been to the UK since I was a kid, but I have always wanted to live there and I'm gathering information to figure out how I can do so by next summer. I look forward to chatting with you all and learning from any advice you have to share!

Hello everyone, am Nataizya from Zambia. Am studying for my first diploma in biomedical sciences and I would like to further my studies in England after graduating from my country. Any assistance rendered in helping me move to this country(england)  will be highly appreciated.

Hi

I used to live in leeds

i am enoch bukola oluwasiji, a footballer, a lover of orphans... . i am a christain. 23 years. i love to make my english language super also. i need to know many things. i see one educkick football academi in internet, amd i waanna know more of it.

Thanks to all friends in advance.

Hello I am Greek and living in Thessaloniki, but I 've made the decision to try my luck in England. I really needed a big change and to go to England was I guess the easy start since I speak the language enough so to not starve and I have some friends there. So my ticket is booked and ... I have no idea what I m doing! I would love it if there were any British people here who would be interested in chatting with me and just share their culture with me. Thanx a lot!

Hi

Thanks. I'm living in the UK, in Liverpool and looking for a job and meeting people from all the world who speak english.

Kind regards.
Natty

Hi am sandra been in crawley for nearly 10 years.. Looking to move to other areas of England and get a new job..

Hi, thank you for your welcome.

I'm actualy still in France and I have to settle in Bath in Somerset for six mounth in the beginning of september.
I would like to find some contact there to help me, cause I have trouble finding a flat by myself. I have exactly the same problem to find a job and I guess I'll have to come in England first and to find after.

If anyone could help me, thanks in advance.

i have been working in London for 5 years and it has been an awesome experience for me and my family. We love living here and this is a place we call home away from home

Closed