Revisiting - A Good local Swimming pool with trainer - No

Hi friends

I know this question has been raised many times but still the answer is elusive.   Please suggest a good (indoor or outdoor) pool where my son can learn swimming like local Vietnamese at local rates  from a professional trainer. Hotels etc are very expensive and out of reach.

Thanks in advance!!

Maybe saying where you are will help.

Yo-Fit run the Sky Garden pool. Have seen the life guards running swim classes before.

Here are some options for your reference and hope it helps
- Ky Dong swimming pool in D3, the kid's pool is good size and shallow with a couple of small slides, entrance fee is less than 20K and it is closed every Friday. Professional coaches who most graduated from Saigon University of Sport are dedicated in training the kids
- Van Thanh Pool in Binh Thanh Dist can be called resort-style in Saigon, size is big enough for kids. it is usually crowed during weekend, entrance fee is 50k per pax
- Victory hotel, this is indoor pool inside Victory hotel located at the corner of Nam Ky Khoi Nghia and Vo Van Tan. i have seen 3 coaches running the class there, directly contract them to get tutor fee, 50K/person for an entrance ticket

I just stumbled upon an advert for swimming lessons.  Here's the Google Translate version:

receive swimming tuition for everyone, children from kindergarten to high school, your parents, coaches have experience teaching plans for each student separately with each school motto swimming is an individual other together, should acquire knowledge in ways not swim the same, moderate tuition, class 4 students maximum tuition rate for the following specific

TUTORING STUDENTS GRADES 1: 800,000 1 12th session

GRADE STUDENT 2: 700,000 / 1 12th session

GRADE 3 STUDENT: 600,000 / 1nguoi 12th session

GRADE 4 STUDENTS: 500,000 / 1 12th session

* LH: 0163 3883 316 stupid

NOTE: STUDENTS financially self into the pool

(Self-selected participants pool near his home)

Thanks a ton for your replies.  I found one pool (inside a sports complex of sorts) in a locality bordering D1 and D3 (thats where I live). The trainer is Vietnamese middle age guy and charing VND 1 million for 12 lessons ( in a group of max 5) three classes a week. Some one told me thats on higher side.  Is the price range ok?
   My son is   16 so not a kid per se. Please post some more info if you have. Thanks!!

janin wrote:

Thanks a ton for your replies.  I found one pool (inside a sports complex of sorts) in a locality bordering D1 and D3 (thats where I live). The trainer is Vietnamese middle age guy and charing VND 1 million for 12 lessons ( in a group of max 5) three classes a week. Some one told me thats on higher side.  Is the price range ok?
   My son is   16 so not a kid per se. Please post some more info if you have. Thanks!!

I think that's a reasonable price, provided your son actually learns how to swim!  It's hard to put a price on something like that.

A few years ago, there was a group of teens in the central region, who were out walking by a river.  Somehow, or another, the girls ended up in the water (3 of them) and the 3 boys that were with them attempted a rescue.  They all drown.  Reading things like that always upset me.  That one stands out in my mind, because it happened on Teacher's Day.

I've polled classes of teens before, on who could swim.  Only a handful were able to, and these were rich kids.