Moving to Saudi

We are moving to Jeddah, but we are informed that the kids and I must wait behind 3 Months +  before we can join my husband. Is this standard. Is there anyway around this?

Hello there , and we are glade to have you here in Jeddah with us , and about the system that you are talking about is correct , when you come here for the first time you will have to make an invitation papers to your relatives with the agreement from your work administration office and it will take approximately from 3 to 4 months as you have said so the most important thing you will have to do now is to get a confirmation from your work administration on all that to begin the process as soon as you come here.

You are very welcome to join us in Jeddah.
And thanks a lot.

Dr.Rex

libra9006 wrote:

We are moving to Jeddah, but we are informed that the kids and I must wait behind 3 Months +  before we can join my husband. Is this standard. Is there anyway around this?

Dr. Rex is correct.  The normal processing time, once the sponsor is in place and has their own iqama, is 90-ish days or so.  Depending on the size the employer (and the contacts they have with the right Ministry) this time may be cut down a bit but its best to prepare for the worst and pray for the time to be cut.

I know this doesn't help but, if the company is willing, your husband may be able to take a holiday midway through the 90 day window.  This is what my own company is offering to me.

Best of luck,

Rigger

Be prepared to wait. My husband came at the start of June and we followed at the beginning of Sept. Part of our paperwork did get held up due to Ramadan and the EID holidays since during Ramadan everything moves slower and then the government shuts down for 1-2 weeks (depending on department) for EID.

This time period is roughly all of July into the start of August.

No issue for the family visa, The company will take care of everything and I hope within a month time you will be in Jeddah. You are welcome to join us in Jeddah and enjoy the luxurious life.