Mobile phones in Dubai

Help! We're moving there end of the years and both need to know the best thing to do about mobile phones in Dubai. Apparantly companies don't offer free mobiles with contracts there? And to tak our existing phones there we'l need to unlocke them then buy a Dubai sim to put in it? Is this the case? Any other info on best deals or service providers would be appreciated.

Shah. XX

Hello,

Some companies do give mobile phones but that does depend on company and the level of the employee, you and your husband/partner may rec additional money to contribute towards monthly phone bills.

Anyway i would say to bring your phone from home and have it unlocked, these 2 phone providers in the uae. when you do arrive do speak to them, they both have stands at all major malls and discuss what type and how many calls you will be making, im on pay as you go, the less contracts i sign the better for me.

:)

As chocmad said, some companies do give employees mobile phones.

I guess that in your situation, the best thing to do is to just bring your phones with you, unlock them here, buy local sims, exactly as you mentioned.

Hello,

Do you know if all the american phone will work in Dubaï?
We have two Motorola Razr v3m.

Thanks

Fred

not sure about all or the one you have mentioned but i do no that iphones and bb bought from the states work here, go to a mobile repaire shop in the uae and ask, if not im sure these way round it.

Thank you

Fred

Fred,

I had to unlock my razr when I brought it over from the US. Not a big deal though.

BTW, I'm from BR too.

I suggest checking these guys out: [moderated: no commercial links pls]
I've bought from them before. Reasonable prices and quality service.

Hope that helps!

J