Accommodation in Salvador Brazil

Hello Guys, I just wanted to ask if I am travelling going to Salvador Brazil for only 90 days and im sure No need to get visa. My question is: Do I need to have a letter from my sponsor stated that i am staying in her/his house not in a hotel?

What is the Requirements do i need to bring in travelling to brazil? (90 Days and no Visa)

Thank you

JOHN

As the holder of a Philippeans a Visa Waiver Program (VWP) country you are able to enter Brazil using only your passport and remain for 90 days in any 6 month period. This period cannot be extended, it's 90 days in Brazil, 90 days out.

You will also require either a return trip ticket to the Philippeans or at the very minimum an outbound ticket for some other country for which you hold a visa or may enter without a visa under the VWP.

You will require either proof of your hotel accommodations or a letter from someone in Brazil stating your accommodations will be provided and giving the address where you will stay for the duration of the stay.

You will also need to prove that you have the financial conditions to support yourself for the duration of the stay, including hotel charges if applicable. If you are NOT paying for a hotel stay I'd think you should be able to prove that you have available at least R$250 per day of your stay, with hotel probably R$500 per day. You could also show that you have a credit limit on your credit card(s) that would also provide you with that amount of available funds.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you so much sir.. This a very Big Help for me...

Is it Possible he / She can scan only the letter?

No, it will need to be the ORIGINAL letter. I'd suggest that it be sent to you by express mail (here it is called SEDEX). I would also suggest that the writer take it to a Cartório and have his/her signature authenticated (reconhecimento da firma). That will avoid any problems with the Federal Police on arrival.

Cebu, send me a private message. Vc ta lindo. kkkk

Hello Sir,

How long that it takes if they send me the documents through SEDEX from Brazil to Cebu City Philippines? Thank you so much...

Hope i can hear from you soon

JOHN

As far as I know it would take 3 working days to arrive, once they are sent.

I think 3 days only in brazil country alone... but i am from philippines.... so Brazil to Cebu city Philippines... I dont think if thats 3 days right?

Thank you so much sir.... hope i can hear you again ... Im sorry if ask too much to you... hope you understand...

JOHN

I think 3 working days should still be about right. When I send an ordinary Registered letter to Canada it takes 11 days, SEDEX goes out of Brazil same-day on a flight to the destination country.

Don't worry about asking questions, that's what we're here for!

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

When I first came to visit my wife before we were married, (I stayed a month.)  I did not have a hotel to stay at only her address ( they did not check for this either), also the DPF did not check to see if I had credit cards or money sufficient for my stay they only checked that I had a return flight scheduled they looked at my passport and Visa ( I am from the US) and stamped it.  Maybe they may only do this maybe they will require more. It is Brazil land of make up rules as they go along