Help! Extending M visa in China

Hello. I am new here and this is my first comment/topic.

I am making an internship in a hotel, Anji county, Huzhou province and i am holding M type visa which is single entry 90 days visa which expires on 16th of april, therefore I want to extend this visa for another 3 months (if i can choose - i would prefer 6 months). The thing is that China do not provide specific visas for internships, so i am in the hotel as a business partner. But my hotel asked officials about extending visa, and they answered that they cannot extend it because they consider internship as a job. . So now i am confused, i really love China, Anji, my hotel and people here are so friendly, i would love to learn Chinese language... but so far i see that i will have to leave just after 3 months.

i have just one idea, how i did it in Lithuania, where i applied for Chinese visa, i had to say that i am coming to hotel as a business partner and will not get any salary (formally i am not getting any salary, just reimbursement, which is legal to get and not considered as salary), and then they gave me visa, because before that i was in the embassy and i said that i am going for an internship, so they said that there is no visa for internships... so maybe i should do the same here in China?

Can anyone help? :/

Please contact us dimm2hdomcom. All the contact info you can find over there. Thanks.

If the Chinese government considers it a job, you might want to get a work visa.

Just be extremely careful with visa agents.  Most of them will rob you blind and screw you six ways to Sunday.  This forum is a magnet for people who want to scam you.

100% agree with Hailey be very careful with the visa agents and do make sure that you are 100% in compliance with the law.

Take quotes and advice from a number of agents and remember you do not have to use an agent in order to get/renew a visa.

Most internships are indeed limited to 90 days because of the visa laws.

You are right ! If the government consider those as a job. Then can apply the Z visa. But most of the time the china government won't allow apply internship Z visa. How they can solve it ? Just look for the better solutions to solve the issue. Comparing which is the best way and the cheaper way to let ourselve stay in China.

I have used a reputable agent in SZ. If anyone is interested contact me via private message. I have travelled outside of China twice with my new visa and everything is just fine.

People are paranoid... just get a visa, any visa... and enjoy all the spoils of China.

kris