Finding work in the Bahamas while living in the U.S.

I am originally from the Caribbean as I was born in Jamaica.  I have lived in the U.S. for many years and am now looking to move back to an island in the Caribbean.  I have visited the Bahamas on several occaisions and have enjoyed my time there.

I am interested in transitioning from the U.S. to the Bahamas and would like to know how feasible it is trying to do it remotely.  Is it better to live on the island first and then look for work there.

My background is in IT and I have 25 years of industry experience working in Software Development, Implementation,  IT Infrastructure,  In addition, I have worked in the consulting industry for several years with 15 years of project / program management.  My experiences have taken me across several industries including Financial Services, Hospitality, Education, IT,  and Healthcare.

Hello antonrowe1,

Welcome to Expat.com and thank you for this introduction :)

A little search on the internet regarding the companies which are recruiting these days might provide you with some useful information.

Are you going to move to the Bahamas alone or with your family?

Best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hello Hassna,

Nice to meet you.

Looking to move with me family.  It would be me at first and then my family would join me shortly after I got settled

Hallo Hasnna,
I would like to move Bahamas with my family.Could you help me? Thanks.
Faruk
[email protected]

Hi f_gm2014,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

If you want to move to the Bahamas, I invite you to read the different discussions on the Bahamas forum which can provide you with some useful information.

Please come back on the forum if you have any particular question.

Thank you,

Hasnaa