Visa Question

My wife is Filipina - I am US Citizen.  I'm allowed to stay in the Philippines for 1 year.  We will visit Vietnam for a brief time and want to return to Philippines for another year.  Will I have any problem returning from Vietnam to the Philippines without a return ticket to the US?

I think there will be no problem from Vietnam to Philippines, but as far as i know you can stay for maximum 21 days free visa for longer just visit the nearest Philippine consulate in your country for more info or upon your arrival here in the Philippines visit the Dept of Foreign Affairs, if your wife is Filipina and if that is legal I think you may ask also the US embassy here in Manila about your case.

the visa free stay is 30 days, since you will leave and return with ur wife -then you will be allowed stay for a year from ur return ,,the condition of entry is that you have an onward ticket  -it doesnt have to be to usa   ,can be to any asian country   ,not sure how it works  for balikbayan   ,its the airline that could deny you boarding if you dont have proof of onward ticket

Been down that road ... you get 21 days upon entry ... you will need to go to Board of Immigration in Intermurous and apply for an extended visa .. there is a cost but that's the price we pay to live in paradise. What I suggest you do is have your wife petition you for a permanent residency visa and ACRI card. The first part of the process will take a few months and then you will be issued a probationary residency visa (be a good boy and stay married for a year) and then before the first year is up your wife does a second petition requesting a conversion to a permanent residency visa ... at that point you just do an annual check in in Jan / Feb of each year (310p) and after 5 years you merely do a renewal but you never have to worry about the visa crap again

jeff  -if u happen to read other posts   -visa free is now 30 days