S Pass Rejected. Will it have effect on Q1 Pass application?

Hello everyone,

My company applied for an S Pass and it got rejected by MOM stating that the company quota was insufficient. Hence my Company is now reapplying for a Q1 pass for me.

I would like to know if my S pass rejection would have a negative effect on my approval for Q1 Pass.

I am an MBA post graduate from India with 4.5 years of total work exp. To be specific 1.5 yrs post MBA. The salary I am being offered is 3.3k per month which is the minimum qualifying salary fr a Q1 pass.

With these stats am I eligible for a Q1 pass? The self assessment tool says that I qualify for a S pass.

Please let me know you opinion on the same.

Any kind of advice or similar experience will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MoM is very suspicious of second applications with higher salaries after a rejection, because they often come with (illegal) kickback schemes, where the employee returns some of the higher salary to the company. Expect close scrutiny and detailed questions to be asked, and a rejection again if your employer does not give good explanations and reasons!
Furthermore, S$3300/month is the minimum for fresh graduates and it increases with education and experience, but the details aren't published. My feeling is that an MBA with 4.5 years work would need S$3800-4000 to be approved.
The online assessment tool is usually accurate. You can try entering a higher salary and check what minimum you need to qualify for EP.