Living in quebec?

hi, is there any mauritian living in quebec?i would need some info on cost of living, allocations, work, etc...maybe we will settle in quebec next year...

is there any mauritian living in quebec?

Hi christina.maurice,

I invite you to check out this discussion but the only thing is that the discussion is in French --->https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21950 and maybe this discussion on the New version of the participative life in Canada guide please :)

Hope you get to translate the basic information you are after on the thread :)

And regarding work.. maybe you should give more details as in which sector are you looking for a job please ?

I invite you to check out the Mauritian expatriates in Quebec network section please as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi!
Is there some of latin people living in Quebec?
I want to know the cost of life in this city =)

Hi Christina,

living in Quebec is ok, all depend where and what you want to do. With our Mauritian rupees everything will seems high. The first thing is to hunt for job, because it is not as people blabla. if you are lucky you can get in your field or a job in two weeeks otherwise not less than one month.
Rent is quite affordable $ 450 to up depending about rooms areas and so on. So, please be prepare to face any hardship for a few month, once you get a job everyhting will be fine.