FIRST TIME IN HANOI

Hye guys I am from Pakistan . Well I have been staying in Malaysia for 10 years and now I might be moving to Vietnam. Can anyone tell me how is life there as a foreigner ? Accommodation,food, any racism ? do's and dont's . I grew up in US so i have been around but hopefully its gonna be a great experience.cheers guys.

Hi there,
Well come to Vietnam,

I can help you to find what Vietnamese culture is it???

Help you to find a house in Ha noi.

Contact to me follow the e-mail: [email protected].

@ Mr Hung: Why don't you share any information or advice directly on the forum for other members to benefit as well?

well thanks but the company i am gonna work for is gonna provide me with accommodation. I still didn't get any reply for the questions I asked .That would be quite helpful if you could only assist me here .thanks

hi do u stay in Hanoi?

Omar, will you relocate to Vietnam from your current employer or you plan to find a job here? Depending on whether you will be moving to big cities such as Hanoi/HCMC or some emerging cities such as Da Nang and Nha Trang.
Overall, if you live in KL, it should be similar to HCMC. Re food/accommodation, there are plenty of other posts you can follow in this forum.
Re racism, I think this is a very open country. THings are a lot more liberal than in Malaysia for sure. Most people either follow Buddhism or Christianity or jst agnosticism.     
Northerners (myself included) are perceived to be a bit more conservative. This reflects mostly in the nightlife (e.g., in saigon clubs close at 4 am and there are tons of late night snacks, vs. in Hanoi clubs close at 1-2 am and there r only a few snack places afterwards). We quite like foreigners, and do not often judge much. Rule of thumb is just to follow common courtesy.

I've worked in KL before, and of course, bias given, i still prefer Vietnam :) so wish you all the best with moving here!

Hye how are you? I really appreciate about the information about Vietnam. I am really looking forward to movie there and the experience of a lifetime.I hope i can make some local friends and learn Vietnamese too .

[Moderated: pls post in the housing section]

Hye thanks man. well can you just give me a rough idea about the rentals. I mean if i get a 2 bedroom or 2 bedroom unit at a decent place .i mean average area.safe and u know closer to amenities .How much would be the rental  and whats the procedure I mean in Malaysia we have to give 2 months deposit , the current month rent and about RM 500 deposit for the utilities but how about in Hanoi? I would also like to know about domestic help as in a lady who can come to my place  couple of times a week and clean the house and wash the dishes and clothes etc...?how much would that cost me? any other useful information? thanks alot man. are you staying in Malaysia?

[Moderated: pls post in the housing section]

I am xuan.
I am vietnamme.
I am living in hanoi. Hanoi is capital of vietnam.
I can help you in vietnam,I will happy.
Welcome vietnam. Vietnam is beatiful.
Email: [email protected]

alright thanks man.maybe i would call u for some drinks and u can tell me more about it

Thank you.
I am ready. Can you email me on: [email protected]

Welcome to Hanoi : ) Wish u have  the great time in here. Vietnamese ppl r very hospitable. Do not worry !

thanks alot. i do appreciate it and honored to be in Hanoi.