Looking for italian couples with children in muscat!

Hi there, my husband works in muscat, that's s why my 4 years pls daughter and me are decidining to nove there as well.
I d like to know if there in an italian community with babies in order to avoid any beginiing deasease to my child because she doesn' t speak any english yet... Also news some info about international schools and which arecthe best international school there.
Can someggerà help?
Tank you in advance!!!!!
Valentina

Ciao Valentina,

I am not Italian, neither I live there nor in Oman but I came back from Oman 2 days ago. In the 3 months of my stay over there I have met so many Italian families in Muscat (I speak intermediate Italian so I understood the language). I don't know about Italian community but since I have met so many of them I believe that Italian community exists. Perhaps I can advise you to contact Italian embassy in Muscat or Spanish and Italian cultural and language center to inform yourself in regards to your inquiry. They should be able to help.

Cordiali saluti,
Stefan

Dear Stefan
Thank u so much for the infos.
Where are u from?
Did you enjoy your stay in muscat?
Do u think it could be a nice place to live in? With children?
Thank you again
Valentina

Hey again,

No problem. I am actually your close neighbor across the Adriatic sea. Originally I am from Serbia, but I live in far New Zealand.
I really enjoyed Oman, Muscat. Almost every perspective of Muscat is nice. Climate is nice (at least during the winter). I haven't experienced Omani summer, but I have been told that summer is extremely hot. It depends on preference, I like warmth more than cold, but I don't even know whether I would be able to stand such a heat. So perhaps take this into account.
Omanis are nice people, they are friendly and kind and very hospitable. I stayed with the family of my best friend and they really treat you kindly. As for living, I believe Oman would be nice place to live. I actually, myself am thinking of moving to Muscat. Though I think you need to have a good job in order to live nicely. I sneaked into the waters of Omani employment and heard that foreigners with good education and qualification are able to have high income. Good thing about Oman is that expenses are cheap, food, clothes, basic and medical inquiries. Now I compare expenses with New Zealand and Serbian ones. I don't know the prices in Italy but I assume they are similar to New Zealand ones.
As for the children, Oman is family oriented country, it's peaceful and crime almost doesn't exist, so rising your kids there is safe. Education-wise, there are international schools, where everything is thought in English. I don't know about educational system and whether they are good at it nor the education expenses. I know that Omanis receive some kind of allowance from the government but I don't know whether it applies to foreigners as well.
Another side of it is that their religion has to be respected therefore for example dressing appropriately has to be taken into account.

Sorry I went slightly too far.
I hope that this information helps and if you have any questions that I know the answer to I will be happy to answer it.

Saluti, Stefan