Need Guidance to Migrate to NZ from Malaysia

Hi there,

Let me first introduce myself. From Kuala Lumpur, I'm 24 and I'm a Bachelor's Degree holder in Visual Communication. I have 3 years of working experience as a Graphic Designer(branding&identity, editorial design, collateral design) and also as a Digital Designer(web design, UI/UX design) in a design studio.

I plan to work in New Zealand to gain new experiences and broaden my knowledge in the art & design industry by exploring a different environment while meeting new people.

Of course, the most important question would be, does NZ still accept young foreign employees? If yes, what would be my first step? Do I start looking for a job first or do I apply for the right visa(Skilled Migration or PR) first? I'm not quite sure which visa to apply for.

I'm a Malaysian and it'll really be helpful if a Malaysian expat in NZ who have successfully gone through the visa application process can provide me with some tips. Others around the world are welcome to help me on this as well.

It would be great if I can be led to some valuable information websites.

Your replies will be deeply appreciated. Have a nice day. Cheers.

Hi there..i am going to give you two email address and you can get in touch with them with regards to migrating to nz. but i have to ask there permission first. so if you can email me your email address i can pass this on to them.
my email address: [email protected]
my name is patricia (my malaysian name is Parames) I'm from Seremban. Living in NZ for the past 15 years.  I work for the tax department.

www.immigration.govt.nz  this site will give you all the information regarding visas.

Hi There,

I am Ebby from Malaysia. Have you moved to New Zealand? I am Planning to move and work in New Zealand somewhere next year. I will move with my wife and 2 kids.

For your info, i've been in touch with the Head hunter in New Zealand and he ask me to go there for an interview but all with my own expenses and risk. Means he will not guarantee that i will get the job. I am a Quantity Surveyor that listed in long term shortage of skilled workers.

Hope to hear some of your advise what should i do from here. Me and my wife really thinking of migrating to another country.

Thank You.

Hi, how do you do? Well, i am 47 years old.
I have Diploma in Nursing
Currently I am working in Prince Court Medical Center as a Staff Nurse in Emergency Department
I have 20 years experience.
I have not done any English test
I would like to work and live in New Zealand with my family
Can i apply for Permanent Residence in New Zealand Zealand? 
What are the requirements? 
Kindly advice. Thank you.

Tanujah

@Tania07

Welcome to the forum
You have posted on an old inactive thread.
To get permanent residency you first have to have a job and live here for 3+ years.
There are nursing jobs here so I suggest you go online and try a Google search.

For information about visas etc click on Discover at the top of this page and open the New Zealand Guide.

For living costs www.numbeo.com     For immigration information www.immigration.govt.nz