Hungarian Girls Costume

Hi, I am really looking for a recommendation of a place to buy a Traditional Hungarian Folk Costume for my 14 year old daughter, my husbands family is Hungarian and we have been living in Germany for the last few years and my daughter has come to appreciate that even though she is a Kiwi.....New Zealander there is a whole lot more to her than just that and has taken a real interest in her Hungarian culture and I would love to be able to find a traditional costume that she could keep. I have not managed to find many places online that seen to sell them online but I know from our visit to Hungary last year that there are many places that do. Please let me know if you can recommend somewhere that would be happy to sell us a costume online. Thanks for your help.

Which traditional purpose would you like to follow? For instance would you like to follow folk dancing? Also consider that each region in Hungary has different customs and attires. The tradition in Hungary is to follow the person's ancestors local colors. Would you like daily wear or festivity costumes? My wife often dresses in traditional costume in her role as the mayor of Hegymagas, a rural village in Hungary, -- feel free to contact her from the village web site for assistance http://www.hegymagas.hu.

Hi,

Traditional attire is "népviselet" in Hungarian, I hope that helps!
It is usually hand-made, thus rather expensive.

There is no single "Hungarian style", rather very distinctive styles and motifs by region, like "Kalocsai".

You could try to seek out and get in touch with a Hungarian folk-dance group in your area, they can surely help. Search for "néptánc" or "táncház" near you wherever you are in the world.