Finding a school for my 6 year old twins in KL

Hi, I am British and our family is currently living in Belgium and expecting to be transferred to KL in September. We have the somewhat daunting task of finding an English speaking school with 2 places for my children. I would prefer a British curriculum over an American one and I've already identified the British International School (exactly the wrong side of KL for my office commute) and the Alice Smith School as possibilities but in all the schools I've looked at you have to spend hundreds of dollars/thousands of ringgits even to get them to process an application in advance with no guarantee of a positive outcome. Also, they seem to want a face-to-face interview which is difficult to organise from Brussels. How many schools should I apply to, and which ones are more likely to have space??? Would love to hear from others who have had to go through the same process.

Sandy

Hi the good schools are all full! Lots of new ones are less full and these "international schools" are a gold rush industry in KL. Every muppet in Malaysia with money and property company links is building one. Pity most of them have no idea about education. So be careful!