Moving to Vietnam with my son

Hi There!

I'm from Ireland and am hoping to travel and work in Vietnam with my 10 yr old son.(I'm a single mum) But I need to put my son into a school over there. I am having difficulty finding any information about it. International schools seem to be quite expensive and I wouldn't be able to afford it, plus it would only be for a few months. Is it possible to place my son into a local school?

Also does anyone know what kind of qualifications I need to teach ESL in Vietnam? I have a hons Degree and a teachers diploma as well as 2 yrs experience teaching but no TEFL yet. I've heard bad reviews about TEFL qualifications saying they are not accepted everywhere. If anyone has any advice on any of these issues I would be so grateful!

Many thanks,

Denise

:-)

"But I need to put my son into a school over there. I am having difficulty finding any information about it. International schools seem to be quite expensive and I wouldn't be able to afford it, plus it would only be for a few months."

--> Hello Denis, I'm afraid you cannot put your son in to a local school as they don't teach in english there. There are many kinds of international schools, and some commercialized have reasonable school fees. If it would be only a few month schooling you can try some of these. Eg, Vietnam Australian International School, APU International School...