Updating Iqama Information when it nears expiry in SABB BANK

I had a hectic experience today, my iqama expiry as per SABB bank records was near so they requested me to update it by visiting the bank.

I visited the bank and they now require the below just to update the new expiry date in their records :

Company Introduction letter stating salary
Employment contract copy
passport copy
home rent contract copy
electric bill copy.

This has left me with a large headache, i had to wait an hour just to get to know my electric bill copy was not there.

Ohh great.  this is happening in SABB right now, i dont know about other banks yet, i will visit my other accounts later.

If this is a common situation at all bank i might be forced to terminate and maintain just one.

I believe the Jawazat issues nowadays , banks are instructed to get these documents for the records of the government. If anyone works outside his sponsor , he will have a hard time coming up with all these requirements.

@ Saqib!

Only Iqama copy is required in all the banks. You can try out any other branch and it should be done...

SABB is asking to submit these mentioned documents, might be cause of AML handling... but house rent contract and electricity bill requirement is insane in my views...

Ok i also went to Rajhi yesterday to do the same, however they did not ask for any document. So i can deduce now this is SABB's new regulation.

i might check Ahli or Hollandi today. Lets see.

Sir i'd like to ask if you were able to update your iqama information in SABB? I'm having the same problem right now..

SaQiB wrote:

I had a hectic experience today, my iqama expiry as per SABB bank records was near so they requested me to update it by visiting the bank.

I visited the bank and they now require the below just to update the new expiry date in their records :

Company Introduction letter stating salary
Employment contract copy
passport copy
home rent contract copy
electric bill copy.

This has left me with a large headache, i had to wait an hour just to get to know my electric bill copy was not there.

Ohh great.  this is happening in SABB right now, i dont know about other banks yet, i will visit my other accounts later.

If this is a common situation at all bank i might be forced to terminate and maintain just one.

I believe the Jawazat issues nowadays , banks are instructed to get these documents for the records of the government. If anyone works outside his sponsor , he will have a hard time coming up with all these requirements.

Saqib do you the meaning of  (I B M ) Insha Allah. Bukra. Malish,  Only iqama copy is required until unless you applied for credit card Yes you will receive a credit card soon  :sosad: . check with them again. As per the new SAMBA law once the iqama is expired you have to submit the new iqama copy only.

SABB asked both myself and wife to update our Iqama which was going to expire in a few weeks. In my case, I just had to show them my new Iqama however, my wife was asked to produce all the above mentioned documents except electricity bill. This happened at SABB's Olaya branch. I'm not sure why they need all these documents now.

Same here.

And the worst thing, they made me to do it TWICE. Yes you are reading it right, TWICE I submitted those papers.

My account is block, and it has been almost 2 weeks now.

Raised a complain at 8001241245. You can do the same if your account got block.

I'm running in fumes here.

Are these banks , or grocery shops  :lol:

The banks accounts should be automatically linked to the "Iqama" , we are in a new computerized generation  :mad:

Update iqama

my iqama updating  pls help

shiva bahadur wrote:

my iqama updating  pls help

:/  Can you please give more information here?  :blink:

Thanks

Priscilla

i need to update my iquma

Dear sir,

Please be informed your good office I would like to need update my iqama ASAP
thank you with best regards ......Rafiq

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Yes bro i have same comments.....renewal should be at same time and linked with MOI.