Soon to be expat in south Jakarta

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this forum and will soon be in Jakarta with my husband in a few short months! Being from the states, I am well aware that things will be quite different and I am planning on embracing the differences and soaking up the culture. Is anyone familiar with south Jakarta? Any tips on getting around, connecting with other expats, apartment hunting, shopping, short getaways, etc? Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

South as in cilandak? Kemang? Or somewhere else?

Those areas contain big expat communities so that will help you. Please give us more information.

ofcourse dear...

change005.blogspot.in/

you cn have a look, at my experience through this blog

I will be staying in the  kebayoran baru district. :)

Thats a good spot. Close to big malls and bus routes.

I write the odd blog post and there will be a few I am sure which will help you with ideas etc with what to do and where to go.

http://mylifejakarta.blogspot.com

Kebayoran baru is a pretty good location, close to the center aswell (though nowhere in Jakarta is close when the traffic hits..) Hope you can embrace it. haha.
Anyhow, I hope you will enjoy the city, there are plenty that you can do here :)

Annie

Thanks everyone!

It's a good upscale location. A lot of nice houses and apt complexes. Like anywhere, you'll need a car to get around. Or taxi/ojek.

Close to the senayan circle and plaza senayan mall. But also on the way south to Kemang. A popular expat area with restaurants and bars.

Sadly, proximity doesn't mean much given the traffic situation....

Enjoy Jakarta.