Transfer tax credits from Malta to UK

Hi all, can someone tell me if it's possible to transfer the social contributions one paid in Malta over to UK? Is there any special agreement between Malta and UK in regards to this?

Thanks in advance!

Antonio

Tax credits in the UK are based on your income and number of children and the UK tax system.
If you move to the UK and qualify then you will have to apply.
This link gives you the info.......

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/start … dits.htm#2

To transfer tax credits from Malta to the UK would imply that you are moving to the UK and so would have to start again.

Terry

Thanks for the heads up Terry. Yes, my query is for the case I move back to live and work in the UK and therefore, I wanted to know if my tax credits from Malta could be transferred over to the UK.
Just to make it clear, when I mean tax credits I am talking about the contributions I've made while working in Malta, not that I want to apply for any benefit in the UK.

This is my main concern, I might have to go back to the UK due to professional reasons, as the company where I work is based in the UK. Now, my wife (partner) has been working here in Malta for over 6 months and has been paying her normal social security and tax contributions. She's now 5 months pregnant and if we move back to the UK, of course she'll have the baby in the UK and therefore, I wonder if she would get a free NHS service or if she would have to pay for it. That's why I wanted to know if the contributions she's paid in Malta can be transferred to the UK so she could have some kind of social services in the beginning until I sort things out.

Sorry , misunderstood your question.
Try emailing the UK tax authorities for an answer but I doubt that you will be able to transfer any NI payments from Malta to the UK.

Terry

mantonas wrote:

I wonder if she would get a free NHS service or if she would have to pay for it. .

access to the UK NHS is based on residency not contributions

georgeingozo wrote:
mantonas wrote:

I wonder if she would get a free NHS service or if she would have to pay for it. .

access to the UK NHS is based on residency not contributions

Okay GnG, so if in case we move to reside back in the UK, would she have access to it from the moment she gets there? She still holds an NI number from the years we lived in the UK previously.

AFAIK as soon as you take up residency she will have access

georgeingozo wrote:

AFAIK as soon as you take up residency she will have access

Thanks for the info GnG.

She will have access, just make sure you register with a GP asap.
To sign up with a GP, ask at a local surgery. They will tell you whether you can register, and what information you need to provide. A surgery will generally only accept people who are living or staying in their local area, though there are plans to make it possible to register with any GP regardless of proximity to one's home. - See more at: http://www.avert.org/freenhs.htm#sthash.mgF1f9UU.dpuf

Also check this out..............

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSse … vices.aspx

Thanks for the heads up remik. That makes sense and yes, I would register her straight away on a local GP within the area we would be moving to, if that was to happen.

Thanks again!
Antonio