Studing and living in Izmir

I am interested in doing my PHD Business Administration at YASAR university Izmir. I want to know a bit about Izmir and especially Bornova region and place where I can live with my family. Also I would like to know if we can find some academic teaching/ research roles in Turkey after doing this PHD Degree at some other university /college in Turkey or lets say Greece?
Please do send me your detailed replies.
Also please advise as to how much money is required for a couple to buy groceries and food items on a monthly basis in IZMIR? just a rough estimate would help.
Thanks

Hi PROSPETIVEPHDSTUDENT,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new topic has been created with your post on the Izmir forum for more visibility.

Wish you all the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

Yasar is a private uni as you may know.well i have been living in izmir for many years and  bornova as well.
Well bornova is quite good place but a big area.there. are places like the
1 center of bornova
2kucukpark.. Where mainly students live as ege university is so close and many bars cafes and restaurants.
3manavkuyu(migros market area-bolge metro area etc):so close to yasar uni.and you may find suitable house for a mid price in osmangazi area..cheap ones in ataturk mah. On the hills.

Rents can start 400to1500 .tl.it depends onwhere you are looking from.izmir is an easy city for transportation.you give 1digital ticket and in 90minutes you can go with one tivket so you can make your home whereever you want.for couple like you you need 1200tl for two people to live near avarage life.. As a daily living.. Nothing extra

To survive i mean..without rent

hello
last year i graduated from yasar university. i know a lot about the university and the town
i see that your post is a bit old now
but if you still need help about these
feel free to contact with me