First time visit to Vietnam (photography)

Hello all.  I am an American and have never traveled outside of the US before.  But I want to go to Vietnam this year and I was wondering on where to go for outstanding landscape photography.  I have seen images of HCMC, and it would be wonderful street photography, but I was wondering about more of the natural beauty of the country.  I am mostly interested in areas of the southern end.

every where is a photo...a face...a building...a meal...a smile...every where is a photographic scene...
how about a Beauty Shop...pretty women...and more.!
Of course the landscapes are not USA but still the city life is Dramatic

We loved Chau doc. River and countryside. Plus great fresh food markets.

N2trouble wrote:

Hello all.  I am an American and have never traveled outside of the US before.  But I want to go to Vietnam this year and I was wondering on where to go for outstanding landscape photography.  I have seen images of HCMC, and it would be wonderful street photography, but I was wondering about more of the natural beauty of the country.  I am mostly interested in areas of the southern end.

Hi N2trouble!
There are western provinces near HCMC, about 100km, you can have beautiful images of river water, trading on river, living on river... or some other natural beauty where bride and groom also choose to photograph their wedding. :)

- Mekong Delta ( Floating Market in Can Tho, Ben Tre, Vinh Long): Really beautiful landscape, highly recommend

The southern part isnt as beautiful as the Northern since we dont have Mountains with awesome paddy fields

I would recommend you to go to Mekong Delta and streets photography in Saigon. Its awesome by night

If you want stunning nature motives I would move up North. It shows the real beauty of this country.

- Hoi An: stunning old town, very quiet and romantic
- Hue (ancient capital)
- Ninh Binh (Ha Long Bay in the paddy fields)
- Ha Long Bay (take a route to Bai Tu Long Bay)
- Sapa