Exiting from Saudi on final exit, Entering bahrain from causeway

I was working with one of the company in Alkhobar, KSA. Now i am going on final exit. Before leaving to Pakistan i like to visit my brother in Bahrain. He can arrange the business / visit visa for me. I just like to know that with the 7 days visa in hand, can i enter in Bahrain from Causeway or i must take a flight from dammam to bahrain?

Hi

You should be fine over the causeway. It is new KSA visa's that need to be verified by a flight in to Saudi.

sorry, didnt get your answer. I am going from Khobar to Bharain with Bahraini visit visa in hand. someone told me if you are going on exit you cannot go through the causeway. you must need to go through flight. it it correct?

I've never heard that before. You are best to call your embassy then and check as I only know that to renew or start a KSA visa requires a flight into Saudi. Exiting is fine via the causeway as far as I know. Have you posted on the Saudi forum too?

good day..

im working here in dammam  ksa and about to finish after 6mnths im planning to cross in bahrain and stay there for a month but my problem was...i dont how and where to buy a visit visa w/o any sponsor from bahrain but i do have friends there...my employer will only give me an exit visa...what should i do then??its my first time..

you can ask your sponsor to get and exit/reentry visa and tell him that you will bear the charges

Josnuggles wrote:

I've never heard that before. You are best to call your embassy then and check as I only know that to renew or start a KSA visa requires a flight into Saudi. Exiting is fine via the causeway as far as I know. Have you posted on the Saudi forum too?

i dont want to renew KSA visa, I am going on final exit from KSA. Yes i posted there too but didnt get any reply yet.

anyways thanks for your help

An employer you are leaving won't offer you an exit/entry visa as that means you can get back in to Saudi under their sponsorship which isn't correct.

I know you are not renewing your KSA visa. What I am saying is that is the only time you need to fly, car is okay for everything else!

jecadijade wrote:

good day..

im working here in dammam  ksa and about to finish after 6mnths im planning to cross in bahrain and stay there for a month but my problem was...i dont how and where to buy a visit visa w/o any sponsor from bahrain but i do have friends there...my employer will only give me an exit visa...what should i do then??its my first time..

The hotel you will stay in here should be able to get a visit visa for you. There is a list of approved hotels and travel agents who can assist with visit visas.

mudassarkazi wrote:

sorry, didnt get your answer. I am going from Khobar to Bharain with Bahraini visit visa in hand. someone told me if you are going on exit you cannot go through the causeway. you must need to go through flight. it it correct?

I too have heard this before - that you have to fly out of Saudi Arabia if you are going out on final exit. But not sure, especially in the light of what Josnuggles has mentioned.

Best to have it checked with the Saudi authorities.

I could be wrong but I didnt think you had to fly out.  There are a number of guys who have left my husband's company and they exit through the causeway to fly from Bahrain.  I am assuming the Saudi's couldnt care less how you leave as long as you leave?

i have just checked with some airlines ... they said you cannot go through the causeway and you need a flight to go

mudassarkazi wrote:

i have just checked with some airlines ... they said you cannot go through the causeway and you need a flight to go

They will tell you anything to sell a ticket. Do you really think a sales guy/woman at the end of a phone really knows what they are talking about? Speak to HR and your embassy or even take a drive to the causeway and ask the guys there.

yes i had the same thought then i asked with a officer in Emirates. They dont operate between Bahrain and Dammam route means they don't sell tickets for people going from Dammam to Bahrain.They answered the same.

Seems like you are frequent traveler on causeway. Could you please confirm this in you next visit.?

I don't use the causeway but my husband does. Just book a flight to Bahrain and come in using a visit visa. As long as you get out of Saudi I wouldn't worry about it.

Ok. Thankyou

I still think you should be able to leave Saudi Arabia using the causeway. If all the airlines are saying the same thing, this must be something new that I've never heard of...

Can anyone please help me? I would like to know if I can leave KSA on final exit over the causeway and also activate a new Bahrain work visa at the same time? I will be leaving my job in KSA and starting a new job in Bahrain quite soon.

Or do I need to fly into Bahrain on a new work visa and cannot enter via the causeway?

I would appreciate if anyone has any information about this to please get in touch. I also want to transfer my car from KSA to Bahrain by driving it over the causeway using temporary export registration plates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Billy

Well , it's confusing .
Usually you should contact Bahrain Immigration on the causeway and ask them this question .

You never know , but it should be possible :)

You dont need nothing, go to the causeway, make sure you have your passport and leaving visa, once you reach the bahrain customs tell him that you wanna stay a month, you'll pay around 200 riyals, if it didn't work he'll give you a 2 week stay stamp on your passport, you're good to go in Bahrain, once you're there, one day before the period of two weeks finish, go to bahrain ministry of interior and extend it for another 2 weeks

BillyNoMates wrote:

Can anyone please help me? I would like to know if I can leave KSA on final exit over the causeway and also activate a new Bahrain work visa at the same time? I will be leaving my job in KSA and starting a new job in Bahrain quite soon.

Or do I need to fly into Bahrain on a new work visa and cannot enter via the causeway?

I would appreciate if anyone has any information about this to please get in touch. I also want to transfer my car from KSA to Bahrain by driving it over the causeway using temporary export registration plates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Billy

As you are Irish you should get a 3 month visit visa for BD20. You should be able to use causeway if you have an exit visa from Saudi. Once in Bahrain, contact your new employer and get things put in motion to get your work visa and CPR