Frm India to KL looking for friends & Job

:) Howdy!  i am from in india  MBA from London, UK with 10+ yrs of accounting experience.  looking for a job    need some guidance.  I am here in KL with family for the 1 month.

I have tried all the ways to get a job but only reason i got rejected is i am not local {malaysian}  is something i am missing here!  i know there are lots of foreign who even got job when they are on Tourist visa! then what is here then?

i need all the inputs !   i went trough the blog {this one} & {other ones} but practically its different!   most of the interview calls i got turn me down for only one reason {being not malaysian}   I am on  EP  working. {i am currenty working in the comapny but looking to see any company to transfer my EP (i dont know if its possible) with a better pay scale}

so, friends please throw some inputs

What do you mean?  You bought a fake employment pass (EP)?  The system here is that an EP is only valid for a specific job with a specific employer. It is not transferable. So if you do get a job, your passport will be sent to immigration and they will discover if there is a fake EP.

Foreigners who want to stick to their profession usually get hired in their native or current country by a Malaysian company that has enough paid up capital to be allowed to employ foreigners. Only the big 4 are likely to consider employing foreigners and usually they only want to pay low salaries so they choose younger and less qualified candidates who they can train up.

Your timing is unfortunate as currently there is a huge immigration crackdown in Malaysia. So employers are staying clear of foreign workers as they also have to pay quite a lot of money and a bond per person to get them registered. There are large fines if they are found to be employing foreigners without permission.

The only way to get jobs is by networking and getting to know people who then can recommend you, if a vacancy comes up in their firm or somewhere they know.  This takes time to accomplish.

nope, i am working in the company  (i am with family)  but looking for a better opportunity where i can transfer my ep later one (i meant companies who can sponsor)   sorry for not being clear

Sounds like you have had your piece of luck, getting to work in Malaysia, but all the best in finding a better job.

You have approx 1 out of 10,000 chance of getting a better job just like that. You were very lucky to get a job because....

1) many Malaysian accountants.

2) Pay after 10 years c5k (min for expat 5k) why they pay you 5k plus all the hassles of an EP when locals available?

3) You don't speak a local language or understand local accounting practices/rules

4) If they get an expat accountant it will be someone with senior expertise - one spouse of an expat I know got a job. 5k and basically "white face advantage" and "wow we have a (white) expat accountant" in a  big firm thing going on. Back home she paid FAR more money but here due to spouse

You do the Math on your chances!

And EPs are NOT TRANSFERRABLE

My employer "blacklists" anyone not finishing their contract with immigration so if you quit...... (this means you are put on a "no more employment pass" list!)

Also you have a job for a month or two and change? I wouldn't employ you as unreliable.

Rajesh. I know a place where they recruit expats from different countires, am not sure you know that place already.
and I dont think they would pay you that good.. i guess 2500 RM.
Its near KLCC, Jalan P Ramlee and the company name is Scicom. It is a BPO.
not sure you would be interested. But just thought of helping a fellow indian if it really does.

Thanks Saeed!   i dont know that place but sure i will try,

Nemodot, thanks for your inputs. I am a senior accountant with international experience, worked in US, UK, Europe. I joined this company, but for me it is not a stable company {i am the "money man" so i know its not stable}  you are absolutely right that there are many accountants in malaysia.  buy my understanding that here there are so many international companies which have presence were they would be looking for international talents.  though accounting practices are not that different in malaysia.

But i am unable to understand even international companies are also not providing opportunities for foreigners.  is there any law that prevents this?