Moving to Riyadh with family from India

HI Freinds,

I am shortly planning to relocate to Riyadh. Initially i am planning to go alone. but after 6months, would like to bring my family as well to Riyadh (Spouse & 3yr old daughter).

1. Need your inputs is Riyadh safe to bring the family?
2. What is idle time when i shall bring my family by considering my daughter's school admission?
3. Where to take accommodation preferably surrounded by Indian families...appx area since definitely will select the area which will be nearer to my work out of available option suggested by you.
4. I head DPS is good Indian School in Riyadh. Is it so? how about Mahatma Gandhi ICSE school? Any comment.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Arvind Dixit

Welcome to Riyadh,
1. Need your inputs is Riyadh safe to bring the family?
Yes riyadh is safe, but you still need to be safer in some points, choose better location for stay. Could say, riyadh is most safest compared to other countries.
2. What is idle time when i shall bring my family by considering my daughter's school admission?
As i know, during april and may, most of the schools conduct exams for admissions. Sometimes it depends on the situation, they can accept in mid of course.
3. Where to take accommodation preferably surrounded by Indian families...appx area since definitely will select the area which will be nearer to my work out of available option suggested by you.
Most of the indians and south asians are located in HARA.
4. I head DPS is good Indian School in Riyadh. Is it so? how about Mahatma Gandhi ICSE school? Any comment.
DPS is famous and near to HARA, but not sure about MG ICSE

Thanks Suribhai for your kind suggestion & prompt feedback. But i heard this Hara location is regularly raid by police and not safe place...Pl comment.

Further what about Batha...read some of the thread that Batha is good place and mostly love by South Asian..How much will be the rent apprx for 1BHK/1BR...

I am concerning becoz would like to carry family with me.

Once again thanks for your valuable inputs in advance.

Arvind

Recently government come up with new law to make all the workers who are in saudi to be working legally. So during this law in March they raid so many house and deported several workers. Then they gave 6 months time for everyone to change their status and work legally. But now they are raiding houses to check weather anyone working illegally. There are few points they check for, if you are a engineer living with your family, then they wont give you any trouble. But if you are carrying a labour visa, they would check weather you are staying in your sponsor accommodation or bunch of people from same sponsor. Some complicated issues, but dont worry its not gonna last for ever. just for sometime they gonna do these to make people work legally. Also for Batha, it is very crowed with mixed asians. Its like a business area but wouldnt be advisable for residential. But if you wanna choose something near would be great. Also even in batha the police raids are common recently. To be frank, they are raiding whole saudi, but different places one time.

HI Suribhai --- Thanks for your valuable information. As news also floated, Saudi Police raid going on for people staying illegal only...Anyway, i am going @ Managerial Level.  :) ...so hope i wont under go such harassment.... :) ..Based on your inputs, can think Hara for accommodation if its nearby to my office..

hello Arvind,

Hope you might have moved to riyadh long ago as this was a old post.. I am getting an opportunity over there at managerial level and the situation is same for me as it was for you.. So can you please tell me in detail the current situation and circumstances for the family and what should be the min . amount of salary which i should ask for? so that i live without any struggles and can also save handsome amount.

Regards,
Aviral Sharma

Hello everyone,

@ Aviral, do not hesitate to create a new topic on the Riyadh forum if you find that the last posts of the threads are old.

Welcome on board and best of luck,
Bhavna