Looking for an apartment and a permanent baby-sitter in KL

Hi everybody,

I will move to KL in February. I will work at the military university as a French teacher.
I am looking for an apartment for my daughter and I, which area do you recommend? I would like to be in a safe area, not to far from the center but where I can find good atmosphere with facilities ( shops,  bus...)
[Moderated: please post in jobs section]
Do you have any tips? (Agencies, websites..?)
Do you have an idea of the cost for a 3 persons' apartment (CA, fully furnished) and a baby-sitter?

Thanks for all!

Hello Paprika,

Welcome to Malaysia. May I know where about or exactly you'll be in Kuala Lumpur? Are you also planning to look for a school for your daughter? How old is your daughter by the way?

As you mention you wanted to look for places which are safe with good atmospher? You mean places with lots of expats or? Also where about in Kuala Lumpur will you be working?

Hear from you soon..
Sandra :)

(Moderated: please post in jobs section pls)

It is based in Sungai Besi

http://www.upnm.edu.my/en/index.php?req=d6

[advertising is not allowed]

Hi Paprika,

Just wanted to say "Welcome to Malaysia" and may your stay be enjoyable and safe.

By the way, which part of France are you from?

Mike

Depending on your work schedule and hours, you may find that placing your daughter in a kindergarten, crèche or tadika will be sufficient. I think they tend to be open early and close around 5 or 6 pm. If you hire a babysitter, there are some requirements and they should be able to legally work in Malaysia. Please check this carefully.  Many of the maids (as they are often called) are from the Philippines. Some like to live-in and others are more part-time and flexible. There is a minimum salary for a live-in maid and a requirement for one day a week free.  I am not completely up to date with the salary level, but it is somewhere around RM 1,000 per month. As pixie mentioned earlier, if you will be looking for schooling in a couple of years, that may guide where you live (as well as the child care services that you feel comfortable with). However, please be very selective and ask to see their registration documents, as regulation is quite important and a relatively new requirement. It is possible your daughter will learn a variety of locally used languages by attending a private child care centre. English is widely used as well.

[Moderated: please post in jobs section pls ]

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]