Immigration/Dependency visa for unmarried partner?

Hello :)

This is my situation:

I am South African and my partner is Mauritian.
We met in South Africa in 2009 whilst he was on a student visa. We started dating, moved in together and in 2011 we applied for the de facto visa (for South Africa) which was granted for 2 years therefore expiring in Feb 2014. We also have 2 children aged 2 yrs. and 7 months. Because the de facto visa is expiring next month my partner returned back to Mauritius 2 weeks ago. We are not married but I would like to move to Mauritius with the kids very soon.

Am I eligible to apply for permanent residence in this situation?   
What must we do & what is the best procedure to follow. ANY ADVISE IS WELCOME!!!

Many thanks :)

Hi Gina,

Trust you are doing fine.

You can get a permanent residence permit but as per the regulations (given that you are unmarried) it will be renewable on a yearly basis. Documentations would be required to proceed with same.

Should you need further information and/or clarification, do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Pravesh

Hi Pravesh

I'm doing well thank you :) Trust you are enjoying the island :)

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I just need further clarity with regard to the documentation you are referring to. What type of documents are required and which application form do I need to complete? Also, currently in South Africa I am in a professional HR job; so my second question is will I be allowed to seek employment on the dependency permit or will I need to apply for an additional visa?

Kind Regards
Gina