About a company in Tanzania URGENT

Dear Friends,

I am new to this forum. I have got a job offer from BMTL (Business Machines Tanzania Limited). If anybody has any information about this company, please let me know. I have to make a decision and accept the offer very soon.

Please help me. I am in a great dialemma......Please help.

Best regards,
Jairam

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32296

read above post by Subash. He has good knowledge about this BMTL. Reading says BMTL is having financial issues & also not good employer. They will also keep your passport. Just read above post & ask Subash.

Dear Jairam
I have already written about this company, as one of my friends was working there,he has left the job,as there is some financial problems inside the company ,therefore the salaries are provided after months together ,because of this good number of employees have left the jobs,now they are asking for passport.
By accepting the offer  u can land into mess, as per my suggestions forget about it,rest u can confirm more and see if you can go ahead.
Best Of Luck

(moderated: we don't accept this kind of comment) DONT BLAME THE GOVERNMENT. BLAME THE PEOPLE,  AS WITHIN THE GOVERNMENT'S BOOKS AND POLICIES THERE IS NO SUCH A THING OF HOLDING PEOPLES' PASSPORT OR NOT PAYING PEOPLE THEIR SALARIES WHEN THEY ARE DUE.

Bmtl is a good company but I don't know what package they are giving you. Because living in dar es salaam Tanzania is costly.so plz make sure.

@MUliving
It is amazing that you have posted about BMTL without any substantial evidence...people working in infosys have problems with infosys that doesnt mean infosys is a bad company.. before commenting about BMTL kindly do some ground work and ask people working in that company.... just dont post something in internet which is viewed throughout the world and effects somebody's career..
They pay salary on time and are very co-operative, it has got great working environment and they are one of the oldest established company in tanzania...

Hi All,

I am a new member in this forum (but, not new to Tanzania) and so, I have been going through most of the threads connected to Tanzania so as to get a feel of the forum.

One thing I have noticed so far is, many of the suggestions/advice (or, are they dire warnings?) have one thing in common - don't do this, don't do that, employers in Tanzania are out to get you, so on and so forth.

Anyone living outside Tanzania couldn't be blamed if, after reading all these doomsday predictions, they come to the conclusion that Tanzania is a country full of draconian employers looking solely to make slaves out of their employees :).

While there is no disputing the fact that there are several cases of companies making life difficult for their employees, there are an equal number of success stories and happy endings as far as those opting to join a company in Tanzania are concerned. Otherwise, so many expats won't be present in Tanzania, right?! So, surely people do have nice experiences to share...

Even though the comment by Shrek11 may be construed as company loyalty speaking, he does have a valid point about people spreading unfounded rumors about a company's financial background and leveling unsubstantiated allegations about the general company work culture based on a single employee's bad experience with them.

I feel, if all of us who are working and living in Tanzania can occasionally share some of the positive aspects of our work life also (along with sounding a cautious note on the bad stuff), that would turn out to be far more helpful to all those who are mulling a move to Tanzania.

Cheers

BMTL is good company. Many Indian Expats are working there. When people come together, may run into personal conflicts. That you have to manage tactfully. In every company you will find politics. You have to adjust with environment. Be friendly with people.One member has made bad comment in this thread. I will suggest him to be polite. We should help and guide people.

BMTL used to be a fgood place to work in. even our own Tanzanians are leaving the company. The Indians are being paid much higher than our own blacks for the same kind of a job. That says a lot doesn't it? But somebody up there has made a point.... phew.... does BMTL have politics!!!

BMTL is a good company and the Employees working there are happy with the Environment.

Yes its true that the Expats are paid more than the locals this happens not only in BMTL or in Tanzania its all over the world.

Hi all,
I have an offer from Salama Pharmaceuticals Ltd. please let me know the where abouts of the company.
Thanks

Dear Mr. jairam,
Hi!

Kindly share your feeling regarding BMTL, tanzania and cost of living in dar .

awaiting your reply.