Availability of comfortable mattress and carpenter

Hi,  I am moving to Uganda soon, and I am now  still staying in Kenya.  I am thinking whether I should take my mattress and bed to Uganda, or I can buy there easily.  Mattress does matter for me because I have problem with my back, I found in Nairobi a brand  of mattress 'comfort' which is okay for my back, I bought from Nakumatt, I  heard there is Nakumatt as well in Uganda but I am not sure if the brand is available there.

How about the price in Uganda? is it more  or less expensive than Kenya.  I bought/ordered the  king size bed (mahogany wood) from the carpenter for the price of  about $400 and the mattress for $400 from Nakumatt, so total is $800.  I can sell them here for 50% discount and bought new ones in Uganda if available. The price to send the goods to Uganda is also expensive, so I prefer to buy there if it is available.
Please advise whether I can buy easily  the comfortable mattress in Uganda and if it is easy also to order the bed from the carpenter. |Many thanks in advance!

Hallo, many thanks for the information. This is very useful.

Best regards,
Siti

You can get better prices in Uganda, at Nyumbani decor, Euroflex among other furniture marts

yes it is easy and possible to buy n order in uganda

Its easy and cheap to buy it from Uganda

Hi eophas,

Welcome on board  :)

This thread is from 2014. We recommend that members participate on recent threads so that it benefits members.

All the best,
Bhavna