Moving to KL

Hello

My husband and I are moving to KL from London in around 5 weeks time. We have 2 children, age 6 and 8, who are very excited and are hoping to meet lots of new friends.
We have chosen to live in either country heights or jade hills, in Kajang. We we're wondering if there are any expats living in these areas who can offer any advice or would like to meet when we arrive?

Anna

Welcome to KL Anna. I'm sure that you and your family will have a lovely time here in KL.

Hello Anna :)

Welcome to Malaysia. I live in Cheras, which is 20 mins away from Kajang. Unfortunately, i have no idea if there's any expats living in Kajang because its way out of city.

Lets share contacts and hope to meet you and your family when you arrive, i would be gladly to help you out..  :)

Sandra x

Hi Anna,

Welcome to KL.
There are some expats in the Kajang area, but most of us with kids live in Gita Bayu.
Country Heights has some expats, and Jade Hill has a couple too I think, but those neighbourhoods don't have much of a community feel.

Gita Bayu has a lot of expats, mostly Australian (because the Australian school is 5 minutes away) but some British as well. There is a bunch of kids around the same age as yours, and every Friday night you can find the parents in the clubhouse for dinner and the kids running around having a lot of fun. Gita Bayu is a great place to live.

What school will your children be going to? And where will you/your husband be working? Because location does matter. Kajang is quite a way out of the city and in traffic it can take well over an hour to get to work if you have to go into the city.

Let me know if you have specific questions I might be able to help you with.

Hello DeeDee and Anna!

Welcome to Malaysia! It's very good to hear that you're staying in Kajang. I am living in Kajang as well. I live in Sentosa Heights. It is very near to Jade Hills, I suppose. Do you have any idea where Sentosa Heights is? There are some expats here as well. Those that I am close to are a German couple and an American couple. They are very friendly! Kajang is quite distant from the city and as you can already see, some parts are not well developed, but I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay here.

Also, If you ever planned of sending your children to music classes, specifically piano, violin or even ballet, you can contact me! I am a piano and a violin teacher, myself. A very young one, indeed, haha. I have been teaching for 2 years. I teach as a part time teacher here at Bolero Music, just 2 minutes walk from Sentosa Heights. We offer a variety of wonderful courses from Early Childhood Programmes to Ballet courses!

If you ever need any guidance or help of any sort, just let me know! I will see what I can help you with :)

Cheers!

Hey Anna,
Welcome to Malaysia, you will find Malaysia a great place to stay and people are generally pretty friendly. Like one of the forumers here mentioned, it does depend on where you would like to stay.

Around the Kajang area, i suppose you do get quite a bit of expats staying in Gita Bayu. Do let me know if you are keen  on looking for a place around there though. As i have a new unit of 3 storey terrace house (2800 sqft built up) located within walking distance to the Australian International School. The development is called Bluconstellation and it is a gated and guarded community, with clubhouse facilities (comes with a pool and play area).

It's also pretty close to Alice Smith International School as well if you are looking to send your kids there.