Exit From Bahrain with New Passport without Visa

Hi All
My friend got a job in UAE and some how he got his passport form the employer which was expired but with a valid Visa for 1 year. can he exit from Bahrain after renewal of his passport. Embassy says that he must have a visa on new passport to travel. Any IDea??

I could be wrong but I thought if you took your old passport which shows the valid visa it will be ok.  Or why doesnt he ask Immigration to transfer the visa onto his new passport?

Is that possible that without the help of his employer we can go to immigration an transfer visa on the new passport. I think not.

Is that possible that without the help of his employer we can go to immigration an transfer visa on the new passport. I think not.

Please can you clarify the following:
The visa you are talking about - is it a visa to Bahrain or to UAE?

Bahrain Residence permits are usually valid only upto the validity of the respective passport. If validity of the passport expires, upon extension of validity (or obtaining a fresh passport), the remaining period of your Bahrain Residence Permit has to be endorsed in the extended/fresh passport.

Visas to other countries on an expired passport generally remain valid. Hence carrying the old passport with you when travelling to these countries does help. However, It is advisable that such visas are transferred to a new passport.

You should check with relevant authorities before any travel to ensure you do not find yourself in a problem.

thanks Farhaz for your reply

i am talking about Bahrain residence permit (valid for 22 months)which is on the old passport. can i transfer it on the new fresh passport by myself without the help of my employer.
in simple i have no residence permit on the new passport and i want to leave Bahrain permanently without involving my current employer because i know that he will not let me do it.