Volunteering in Mombasa

Hi

I am currently travelling around Africa and am looking to do a low cost volunteering placement at a school in Mombasa from 12th March for one month. I want to teach English, Maths and Computers to young children.

Many thanks in advance
Caroline

Hello Caroline,

Welcome to Expat.com :)
I suggest you to create an ad in the Volunteering in Mombasa section please. It might help. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi Caroline,thanks alot for your decision to volunteer in teaching especially Mombasa,actually i will gather more information to you and keep on updating you...Thanks once again.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Thanks for the link. I didn't know where was best to post it  :)

Hi Abroadabroad,
Wellcome to our beautiful country( landscape,people,weather, ease of life or is it not?
Nice to hear/read that you would like to confer some teaching help in Mombasa.Unfornately in my opinion, the planned period seems so short that it might not work considering the length of time securing the necessary paperwork will take.The immigration authorities requires one to apply and get the documentation done before one settles to do what they plan to do while in Kenya.My understanding is that volunteering, though helpful to the local community,country in every sense of the word,unfornately still requires one to apply for a visa/permit as any other job taken up by a foreigner.
I am not sure of your plans but perhaps committing for a longer duration might be a better suggestion.On the other hand if you were to get someone who might help speed with the paper work then things will pan out well for you.My advise though is keep on the legal path(there have been arrests of foreigners in the Mombasa area in the recent past weeks over paper work issues).Nonetheless keep faith and wish you success as you put you knowledge into good use in Kenya.regdsar
A

Thanks for the information! I shall bear that in mind but unfortunately I cannot stay any longer as my flights are booked. I will try and find someone who is good at getting the paperwork sorted out.

Thanks again :)