New in Ahmedabad

Hi everyone!

I'm a Spanish architect and I'm going to work to Ahmedabad for one year. I will come there on Thursday 6th of February. I don't know anything and anybody in the city. If someone could help with the accommodation or knows someone who has some vacant room I would be grateful for him it contact me. Any useful information about the city will be well received. Thank you very much!

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Expat.com :).

I moved your post to the English speaking forum of Ahmedabad for better interaction with the other members.

Best,

Julie

Thanks Julia, you are very friendly!

Hi Alex, well you will have a wonderful trip in ahmedabad, i suggest you look up AIESEC to find out if there is anyone from your country on exchange program as we do get a few expats on exchange programs, also in regards to accommodation if u cud msg me ur office address i will suggest you a few options! Good luck once again!

Thank you very much for the information Loks!

My office is  in Gurukul's neighborhood. If you know someone who wants to share apartment or where to look for accommodation I would be grateful that you will inform me.

Any other useful information is well received.

I hope to see you in Ahmedabad!

Thank you again

Dear Alex,

Most welcome!

well log on to this website http:/www.99acres.com/do/buyer/ShowBuyerForms/DisplayForm?p1=0&p2=S&p3=0&lstAcn=&lstAcnId= it will help you search for an appartment or PG options, unfortunately i have no one atm who has appartment on a sharing basis.... but i am sure you would be able to find a decent accommodation through that website, if in case it doesnt work out, let me know and i will hook you with a few expats that are already in town on exchange program...

in the meantime, if your office is anywhere near Gurukul, then ideal place for you to stay would be as below:

Gurukul, Drive-in Road, Vastrapur, Memnagar, Bodakdev, Judges Bugalow Road!! these places are in a 5km radius and most ideal to commute, other places would be far off!!!

I wish you all the very best, and let me know if can be of any further help, surely looking forward to meeting you, if you are coming before 5th Feb, since i will be travelling after that!

Good Luck....

Loks

Hey Alex,

I'm from the UK but go to Amd almost every year. It seems you already have quite a lot of accommodation info. There is another expat on here, his name is Dev Foster, he seems like he's a nice guy and he's been in Amd for a few years now! I think he could be really helpful to you! Look him up. He's a lecturer at the University.

About shopping & eating out! Get your groceries from Reliance Mall, Big Bazaaar or Star Bazaaar, those are the cleanest and nicest supermarkets.

As for eating out there are lots of places but if your not into spicy food then stick to Pizza Hut, Mac D's, KFC until you find your way around! There is a KFC at the Alpha One Mall!

Be careful because not everyone has your best interest! Most people only have their own interests! If you need anymore help then let me know we have a lot of contacts there!

Kirtika.
ps one of my best friends, Dan, is from Madrid!

Thank you for the info, it's been very helpful. Please let me know if you come to Ahmedabad!

Thanks a lot for the info, I will have a look at those links.

I'm arriving on the 6th, so I'm afraid we won't meet, but let me know if you come back.

Alex i am in ahmedabad, if you need anyhelp just inbox me details