Things to do after a child is born within Saudi Arabia

Things to do after a child is born within KSA
•    The hospital provides a letter, which has Baby's name, Father's name, Mother's name along with their iqama nos. (which the hospital registers the newborn in Ministry of Health)
•    The hospital will give vaccination card and the schedule.
•    collect all these documents as soon as possible.
•    First register yourself in MOI website to proceed further.
•    After logging in you account in MOI website on the right side click on Civil Affairs  Book an appointment check box    تسجيل واقعة ميلاد  (Registration of birth) and select the location book the appointment with the available time slots.
•    Take the below documents  to the civil affairs department
1.    Hospital letter
2.    Form 87 MOI website
3.    Original & Photo copy of Parents Iqama
4.    Original & Photo copy of Parents Passports
5.    50 Riyal (if more than 30 days from birth) – this can be paid at civil affair office itself. (kindly check again)
•    All the birth certificates will be given in the afternoon, after 2 pm the same day.
•    After receiving the birth certificate, it should be translated in english for applying passport.
•    The document must be translated by certified translator.
•    For applying Indian passport ( Requirements for Birth Registration & Separate Passport (BRSP) for Child):
    Birth certificate from M/o Health along with its English  translation in original
    Birth registration application and Certificate of Entry forms (Forms 4.pdf )
    New Passport form (Form 1.pdf) duly signed by both parents (Child's thumb impression should be affixed in the “Signature Boxes”)
    Father's/Mother's passport with their names on each other's passport.
     Photocopy of Father's and Mother's Passport
    Copy of marriage certificate duly attested by Home/GA Department of the State Government concerned if husband's name is not included in wife's passport
    Three (3) passport size photographs of the child
    Affidavit of Parents for Separate Passport in Favour of Minor Child –   Form4A.pdf  (to be signed by both parents if residing in KSA)
OR
•    Affidavit (AFF 2.pdf) signed by one parent if the other parent's signature cannot be obtained,
   OR
•    Affidavits (AFF 3A.pdf & AFF 3B.pdf) if one parent is a non-Indian.
(Time required : In normal course, on the 4th working day from the date of submission of application or on date of delivery as printed in the acknowledgement receipt)
All the forms can be downloaded from Indian embassy website

Getting Iqama for the baby born within KSA
•    Fill up the iqama issuance form (better goto Jawazat, give SR 10 guy sitting outside, he will fill the form for you)
•    Birth certificate original along with photocopy
•    Baby's passport original along with photocopy
•    Father's iqama original along with photocopy
•    Mother's iqama original along with photocopy
•    Baby's Vaccination card
•    Important: Your sponspor's seal or stamp in the two areas in the  iqama application form
•    First seal or stamp : half on the baby's photo and half on the application
•    Second seal or stamp:  at the end of the application form
•    Goto the first floor in Jawazat building (near Lulu)  modification center  once you enter, the counter is on the left side (Adding birth  born within Saudi arabia).
•    Submit the application & and collect the iqama.

HI PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHATS THE LATEST LAWS ON THINGS TO DO ONCE A PERSONS/COUPLES KIDS ARE BORN OUTSIDE SAUDI ARABIA .......... I JUST HAD TWINS BORN IN SOUTH AFRICA AND NEED TO GET THEM ONTO MY IQAMAH. PLEASE I NEED THE LATEST LAWS IF ANYBODY CAN ASSIST ME

THANK YOU

Hi aajeena,

Welcome to Expat.com

Please note that i found this website on the internet : http://qsaudi.com/making-iqama-for-new-born-baby/
It describes the procedures that should be followed when babies are born in KSA and when babies are born outside KSA as well.
I advise you to have a look at it and maybe you will find some concrete information there. :)

P.S Can you please lower caps on the forum, it will help your post to appear more friendly  :top:

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

ok thank you im sorry i dont use forums normally , lol , is that how people scream in  typing with caps on

thanx for the tip

Hi All,

If anyone knows if there is any change in the process?

I have revised it based on new procedures as of 2016.

Things to do after a child is born within KSA

1- Birth Announcement Letter: The hospital provides a letter, which has Baby's name, Father's name, Mother's name along with their iqama nos. (which the hospital registers the newborn in Ministry of Health)

2- The hospital will give vaccination card and the schedule.
Collect all these documents as soon as possible.

•    First register yourself in MOI website (Absher) to proceed further (if you don't have an account).

•    After logging in you account in MOI website on the right side click on Civil Affairs  Book an appointment check box    تسجيل واقعة ميلاد  (Registration of birth) and select the location book the appointment with the available time slots.

•    Take the below documents  to the civil affairs department on the day of appointment.
1.   Appointment printout
2.    Hospital letter
3.    Form 87 MOI website
4.    Original & Photo copy of Parents Iqama
5.    Original & Photo copy of Parents Passports
6.    50 Riyal (if more than 30 days from birth) – this can be paid at civil affair office itself in cash.

•    The birth certificates will be given in a few minutes.

•    After receiving the birth certificate, it should be translated in english for applying passport.
•    The document must be translated by certified translator.

Only for Indian Nationals:

•    For applying Indian passport ( Requirements for Birth Registration & Separate Passport (BRSP) for Child):
    Birth certificate from M/o Health along with its English  translation in original
    Birth registration application and Certificate of Entry forms (Forms 4.pdf )
    New Passport form (Form 1.pdf) duly signed by both parents (Child's thumb impression should be affixed in the “Signature Boxes”)
    Father's/Mother's passport with their names on each other's passport.
     Photocopy of Father's and Mother's Passport
    Copy of marriage certificate duly attested by Home/GA Department of the State Government concerned if husband's name is not included in wife's passport
    Three (3) passport size photographs of the child
    Affidavit of Parents for Separate Passport in Favour of Minor Child –   Form4A.pdf  (to be signed by both parents if residing in KSA)
OR
•    Affidavit (AFF 2.pdf) signed by one parent if the other parent's signature cannot be obtained,
   OR
•    Affidavits (AFF 3A.pdf & AFF 3B.pdf) if one parent is a non-Indian.
(Time required : In normal course, on the 4th working day from the date of submission of application or on date of delivery as printed in the acknowledgement receipt)
All the forms can be downloaded from Indian embassy website

Getting Iqama for the baby born within KSA

•    Get an Appointment with Jawazat through Absher (eServices >> Passports >> Book an Appointment)

•    Fill up the iqama issuance form (better goto Jawazat, give SR 10 guy sitting outside, he will fill the form for you) - Stick a photo and get it stamped from your HR department.
-> First seal or stamp : half on the baby's photo and half on the application
->    Second seal or stamp:  at the end of the application form

•    Appointment printout
•    Birth certificate original along with photocopy
•    Baby's passport original along with photocopy
•    Father's iqama original along with photocopy
•    Mother's iqama original along with photocopy
•    Goto the Electronic Services section in Jawazat building (near Lulu) on the day of appointment
•    Submit the application & and collect the iqama in a few minutes

After the birth certificate, passport and iqama is done.....is there any other process before the baby travels to his / her home country. I have already got the exit re-entry visa online but wanted to ask if there is any finger print registration before going to the airport for travel. Kindly guide as I do not want any complications on the travel day. Thanks in advance.

Hi ...
My baby  ws born on 16th  may ...nd luckily i got appointment on 21st may ..but the hospital didn't prepared  the  moh certified  paper that early ..so apparently  my appointment  got cancelled  ...
So now i do hav  moh certified paper wiz me ..but i wanna know  wether i can reuse the previous  appointment
Plzz suggest  me.   Am eagerly  waiting.for the reply...