Nuts various in bulk - Where to buy?

We make our own muesli but supermarkets like Pavi, Lidl, Scotts and others,  all  sell in smallish packets at prohibitive prices per kilo. Anyone know where to get nuts in bulk - also oats, pumpkin and sesame seeds, raisins etc.

wouldve thought italy... does anyone do any food runs over to italy, seeing that most of the stuff is already being imported into malta ?

Worth a try, thanks for the reply. Perhaps someone on the blog will information on runs?

am surprised i havent come across info or details bout such potential trips... however someone somewhere did refer to group on facebook called malta shopping... when i went to check them out, i came across some other lot called sicily to malta, and there was a website with number to call, but it looked more like only furniture and household items were the go...
theoretically one should be allowed or able to simply go across the country border within EU and bring back a fair bit of stuff in the confines of personal use/consumption... however did read some time ago on this blog that customs was hassling people (even locals, or effectively mainly locals who were doing it) that were returning from italy with their booze purchases...

again... theoretically it was supposed to be ok... but there u go... its the world that we live in :-))

The cheapest nuts I have come across are distributed by a company called Rokky.  I paid 3.50e for half a mixed kilo of brazil nuts, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts and peanuts. It may be worth contacting them directly and asking if they can do you a special deal...?!
On a different note, I have noticed that some companies in Malta are nuts that have GMO oils coated on them, so do read the labels.

Thanks Damsel, will follow up and also note GMO issue  :) Kolac, thanks also for info re customs.

If you sre interested to buy nuts in bulk chech at GoodEarth distributors ltd  in Burmarrad or tel on 21431309.