Which Car should i buy ?

Hi Brothers,

This is first time i m buying a car s dont have any idea which car shall i buy as i saw a good car on site Expatriates.com with lots of different vendors like Honda,Toyota, Hyundai & Mazda.

I m really confuse which vendors should i choose for low maintanence cars and my budget is around 17000/- SAR Only.

Please i really like Honda & Mazda coz of Sporty Look kindly advice me can i go with HONDA or MAZDA.

Thanks

if its between Honda and MAZDA then my vote for HONDA, with in your budget you can get CIVIC of 2003-2004 depends on the condition and milleage.

Salam Zeeshan,

Howz maintenance of Honda Civic 2008 Model, one of my friend is selling this car but m not sure whether i can maintain it or not.

Is HONDA Civic Spare Parts is that Expensive can't be affordable.Can u give difference between a Honda Civic & Toyota Cars Spare Parts Price.

I m thankful for your Immediate Support.

I don't think its expensive, but yes toyota is bit cheaper than honda.

Sujath wrote:

Salam Zeeshan,

Howz maintenance of Honda Civic 2008 Model, one of my friend is selling this car but m not sure whether i can maintain it or not.

Is HONDA Civic Spare Parts is that Expensive can't be affordable.Can u give difference between a Honda Civic & Toyota Cars Spare Parts Price.

I m thankful for your Immediate Support.

Hello Brother,
Go for Toyota corolla 2003 -04 Model very good car and also affordable spare parts. Go for the car conditions/Maintenance rather than the looks. Mazda & Honda produce very good cars but spare parts are a bit costly but affordable. My personal opinion is TOYOTA ... Good Luck :top:

Hi all,

Today I experienced a different car Nissan Altima 2.5 s v6 nd it awesome in running but jus have some small issues but not major.

So friends please advice me whether dis car have expensive spare parts or affordble.

I will b thankful 4 ur gr8 support.

not good in resale and parts are expensive compared to toyota

Sujath wrote:

Hi all,

Today I experienced a different car Nissan Altima 2.5 s v6 nd it awesome in running but jus have some small issues but not major.

So friends please advice me whether dis car have expensive spare parts or affordble.

I will b thankful 4 ur gr8 support.

Hello,
One of my  friend has a Nissan Altima 2.5s V6. It is good car but every time there will be some minor issues;
probably it has an poor resale value but it doesn't matter, Obviously some of nissan cars have expensive spare parts this is the reason it has poor resale value in saudi market. You have to purchase a car which has value in local saudi market like Toyota Camry's............

Sujath wrote:

Hi Brothers,

i saw a good car on site Expatriates.com with lots of different vendors like Honda,Toyota, Hyundai & Mazda.

I m really confuse which vendors should i choose for low maintanence cars and my budget is around 17000/- SAR Only.

Please i really like Honda & Mazda coz of Sporty Look kindly advice me can i go with HONDA or MAZDA.

Thanks

Dear Sujath..

I'm a person who used to go for resale value even before purchasing..(Like most of the people).. but have completely changed my mindset recently.. Firstly..

1) Why do we ever think of selling a thing even before we have purchased it ?  :/
2) Most people would say we are expats and we may get kicked out of the country at any given time.. but then these most people stay in the kingdom for around not less that 7 - 10 years..  :lol:

If a car has given you a service of 7 years, than you do not expect it to have a resale.. It is good that you've enjoyed being part of it all these years.. what ever you get from it is worth ... That is what i believe.. (Not everyone would)..

So.. coming back to assist you, go for the car which you loved at first sight and your heart says "GO FOR IT".. do not listen to others.. as you may one day feel.. "OH.. I should have gone for the other "... If you go with you heart, then you do not regret..

As for maintenance issues and charges, it is just a difference of not more that a 50 - 100 or even slightly more for every car.. No doubt Toyota is a craze with everyone because of its resale value..

Spare parts for every car is available at any given time.. No issues..

I would suggest you to do a car check up test at a center.. They charge around 150 Riyals.. but then this is an MRI type of test where they let you know each & every thing of the car.. It is worth the spending as you do not just go for the exterior looks.. You'll find this test center usually where they sell second hand cars. Or just check with a mechanic and he will guide you to this place..

All the best  :cheers:

Resale value means how the value of a car goes down

anyway, computerized test will only show the engine and electerical problems i guess

Zeesham wrote:

, computerized test will only show the engine and electerical problems i guess

Nope.. In this test, the car is being jacked up & professionals go underneath the car they check if it is being welded for any accidents, and other minor/ major repairs underneath the car..

I highly recommend this test.. As I did this for one of the car I was suppose to purpose..

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

What you called this test because recently I done and they just checked the engine and electric. costing 100 riyals.

Sujath wrote:

Hi Brothers,

This is first time i m buying a car s dont have any idea which car shall i buy as i saw a good car on site Expatriates.com with lots of different vendors like Honda,Toyota, Hyundai & Mazda.

Historically, both Honda and Toyos are long running, dependable cars.  With that said, a comparable Honda will almost always cost you more than the Toyota.  This isn't always true but a 9x out of 10 its a good bet.

Personally, I like the looks of a Honda better, i.e., I like the Accord over the Camry but when it comes to straight price comparison you can usually bet on the Toyo to be a better deal.  Since Honda doesn't have a comparable Pick-up Truck it has no comparison to a Tacoma - my all time favorite ride.

Good luck in your hunt.   Do your research, ask questions, get them checked out mechanically and make your best deal.

Rigger

if you want my advice take any Toyota car
like camry or corolla
:cool:

gadory wrote:

if you want my advice take any Toyota car
like camry or corolla
:cool:

Just for your information, it's a very old thread to which you have replied !!

Mr. Gadory, Thanks for updating on this thread, it helped me, i was looking for recent posts about purchasing new car and yours is recent one.

Mr. Saimans, Even though thread is old, there are new expats like me who visits "newly"  ;)

I am all for AtomicWarLord opinion about cars.

Honda is generally a little bit expensive in price /maintenance and cheaper in resale than Toyotas.

My first car against all opinions was a 2007 Chevvy Aveo 4 years back. Mileage was 100K km at that time but very well maintained. I liked that car in the first view and after a test drive I paid a little extra (above the general scale) just to get it. This purchase was against all odds. All my friends, even the mechanics I knew were against it. However, after 4 years they all are surprised. It's been 4 years and it has started aging out but still a darling close to my heart.

I have just purchased a Honda CRV 2005. It might cost me a little more again in price /maintenance and resale. But its All-Wheel-Drive means 4WD all time. I am enjoying it a lot. Toyota have RAV4 as competitor but I don't think RAV4 was around in 2005-6 and the ones available are way above my budget (45K+). I got this in around 26K.

I believe if you will always go for resale strictly, generally you will not like or love driving. Car resale price, is another debate. It's very rare you gets a zero depriciation in resale. For me if my car resale depreciation is in area of 2K - 3K per year (SAR 150-250 per month), it's nothing if you are enjoying it.

And yes, I went for the Computer Test. It might look foolish when everything is fine. It is actually to save you from a disaster purchase. Think of it like an insurance.

I had a Honda Civic for one year and loved it. But they are famously temperamental and this one was too. One window stopped working from the driver's control doso I eventually tried from the door. It worked and then the driver's control started working again. 👍

Can someone qoute a price for a used F J cruiser. I will only buy this one.