Fitness Supplements in Port Moresby

Hello everyone

I will be on a long-term assignment to Port Moresby in a month and I'm wondering if there are fitness shops or any shops in PM where I can get protein supplements. Particularly, I am using Optimum Nutrition (whey and casein) products.

I hope there is coz I don't wanna spend a lot on shipping cost if ever I need to get the items shipped from Brisbane!

Looking forward to your replies.

Have you tried a Google search for shops or gyms in Moresby ??

Hi. Yes, I have. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find anything.

You may have to wait until you get to Moresby so you can check out the gyms, shops to see if you can get the supplements.

Yes, you can purchase them at city pharmacy outlets around the city. They cost from around K50 to about K150 depending on the brand and quality. hope this helps :)

This is definitely one of the first things I will check once I make it to POM. I have already found a gym close to my place (Holiday Inn). Hopefully they are able to help me. Thanks

This is definitely one of the first things I will check once I make it to POM. I have already found a gym close to my place (Holiday Inn). Hopefully they are able to help me. Thanks Stumpy

Thanks Aussielgiri! I will check the pharmacy outlets. Hopefully they have the brand Im using.

I wouldn't risk it mate... just bring your own. You won't need much for 1 month... Also be careful buying in random places - I suspect there is a 'gray' market there for items such as this and many fakes... also eat normal meat and fish... they are supposed to have great tuna there (which can be consumed raw btw) and is probably better than ON protein (which is the one I use and is excellent)... good luck with your training; lift heavy and eat a lot!

I am contemplating a move down there so have the same question :)

cosmopolitan_citizen wrote:

I wouldn't risk it mate... just bring your own. You won't need much for 1 month... Also be careful buying in random places - I suspect there is a 'gray' market there for items such as this and many fakes... also eat normal meat and fish... they are supposed to have great tuna there (which can be consumed raw btw) and is probably better than ON protein (which is the one I use and is excellent)... good luck with your training; lift heavy and eat a lot!

I am contemplating a move down there so have the same question :)

Thanks mate! I will fly to POM in a month, but I will staying there for a long time (more than a year) so I need a constant supply of the supplements.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely be careful when buying in POM. I am also changing my diet to consume more lean meat (not really a meat lover). And yeah, will definitely train hard to reach my goals!