How to make Iqama for my newly arrived wife on residence visa.

My Wife just landed here in KSA this week.. went to jawazat to make her iqama but couldn't succeed as i couldnt even find the right office for the job. It was v rushy and alot of ambiguity where to go ! i did get the form in SR 10 from a man standing infront of office but whoever i asked guided me different. First they said me to go upstairs, then from there no one entertained and said me to go downstairs again and then to this office and that office and finally i returned back :) now i want to know the procedure and also required documents for the issuance of 1st iqama for wife. do we need a medical report for this purpose here as well? coz we made medical in country of origin but not sure whether it is required here or not..

You must to go to Isteqdam office, not the passports, please check the map below

https://maps.google.com/?ll=24.666655,4 … ,46.717472

For procedures and required documents, you will find many topics previously opened in the forum.

You have to go to a fixers office that can prepare everything for you. You can ask around for the nearest one available in your area, and pay them upfront to issue your wife a new resident card (Iqama). Now, for the medical testing part is required. You would have to visit a few medical clinics and inquire if they do Iqama health test if not they should guide you to visit the nearest clinic in your area as well. Good luck and wish you all the best! Cheers.

Maybe I disagree with the idea of fixers office, Most of the fixers office taking 200 riyals and more if you don't speak Arabic perfectly, while you can do it for free by yourself, just it will cost you time.

Also they need to be deposited 2000 SAR online for visa fees, don't trust the guys at the front of Istiqdam office, they will tell you that they pay through mobile.

Bro i have already paid SR 2000 few months back and have alreay got the visa stamped on passport. I just need to issue the iqama right now and I dont think isteqdam has to do anything with issuance of iqama while my wife is in KSA with me. I guess u misunderstood but I am really thankfull for your sugestion ! highly obliged.

creative6 wrote:

You have to go to a fixers office that can prepare everything for you. You can ask around for the nearest one available in your area, and pay them upfront to issue your wife a new resident card (Iqama). Now, for the medical testing part is required. You would have to visit a few medical clinics and inquire if they do Iqama health test if not they should guide you to visit the nearest clinic in your area as well. Good luck and wish you all the best! Cheers.

I guess that Medical testing is required for african nationals only for making spouse/wife iqama. Also its for those who are working here and not for house wives.. i hope some body else will also clarify it here

2ndly I want to know that is there any time period in which i mandatory have to make iqama for my wife after her entrance into the KSA? coz no validity of visa is written on her pasport stamped visa. Nothing mentioned 90 days or anything. so is there any expiry date of that visa, so that before it ends one have to make iqama !

Yes you surely need a new medicial report from any hospital or poly clinic, then you need to go to Jawazat.

sth7876 wrote:

Yes you surely need a new medicial report from any hospital or poly clinic, then you need to go to Jawazat.

Thanks. and is there any further payment to be done for iqama issuance? also is there any role if abshir in making of 1st iqama?
also in Jeddah, can it be done through any jawazat centre (e.g in serafi mall they have a small office) or does it need to be done from main jawazat office in kandrah? i went to the one in kandrah but it was so rushy that i couldnt do anything fruitful :(

same situation is with me.can i share with you.please email  me [email protected]

sure

No fees, just go to passports(Jawazat), submit the papers and they will print the Iqamas, no fees for that.

and what about medical test reports? are they required or not??

DrHassanMalik wrote:

and what about medical test reports? are they required or not??

Sure it is required, but I don't know what else is required, because although you can do it yourself, the Iqamas of your family must be done by your employer, I don't know what my employer submitted.

thanks alot for info

You have to go to main Jawazat office and enjoy the weather there :)

I just gave an agent to do the needful.. He charged me something like 200 odd.. But that makes sense in terms of time taken at the passport office and the else.. I know it is free of charge.. but for me it was better to take the service of an agent..

Medical test has to be done locally and submitted along with the documents for Iqama..

As far as how long you want to delay having an Iqama done is not worth.. Cause you do not want to roam around the city with your passports  :/

i want to make iqama of my dependent family(wife).who is on  family visa.we are here more than six month.my company is not helping me.i have already get iqama after six month but my wife have not iqama.please if somebody knows the complete procedure than guide me.really thanful to you.

Dear Br..

You could visit passport office yourselves & have the process completed.. But waiting time at the office may be time consuming..

You can visit a translation office & ask them if they do this service..( Most of the translation offices do this service for a petty amount).. They have their links inside.. & do this within a day or two...

Procedure is just simple.. Have a medical test taken before going to the agent.. This is a requirement.. 

All the best !!

thanks alot ! highly obliged. il make the med test by tommorow..

atomicwarlord wrote:

Dear Br..

You could visit passport office yourselves & have the process completed.. But waiting time at the office may be time consuming..

You can visit a translation office & ask them if they do this service..( Most of the translation offices do this service for a petty amount).. They have their links inside.. & do this within a day or two...

Procedure is just simple.. Have a medical test taken before going to the agent.. This is a requirement.. 

All the best !!

There are two ways to get an Iqama for your wife and Child. Main option is to get hold of your PRO (Saudi National) who is representating your organization / compamy to JAWAASAT office. He is the main person responsible to get your Iqama renewed, Exit-Reentry etcand other Governemnt formalities. He hs an authorization letter from company to procees the documents. SO you approach him to get the things done. They require Passport for your wife and Child, some places they ask for medical also (first time arrivals), photos for your wife and child etc. Then they will fill those forms and get the work done. Normally the family entry is valid for 89 days and you can get the job done within 02 months also. But if you get early that would be bettr.

Second option is approach only authorised General Service office. Check with them whether they can help you. No one will entertain an expatriate to Govt office to get the Iqama etc. thanks

there are contradicting views over this as many of expats have said to renewed/issued iqama for spouse on there own ! and above all my company have also told me to proceed on my own as my wife is under my sponsorship and not under company's sponsorship.. ambiguity :(

sashidharan wrote:

There are two ways to get an Iqama for your wife and Child. Main option is to get hold of your PRO (Saudi National) who is representating your organization / compamy to JAWAASAT office. He is the main person responsible to get your Iqama renewed, Exit-Reentry etcand other Governemnt formalities. He hs an authorization letter from company to procees the documents. SO you approach him to get the things done. They require Passport for your wife and Child, some places they ask for medical also (first time arrivals), photos for your wife and child etc. Then they will fill those forms and get the work done. Normally the family entry is valid for 89 days and you can get the job done within 02 months also. But if you get early that would be bettr.

Second option is approach only authorised General Service office. Check with them whether they can help you. No one will entertain an expatriate to Govt office to get the Iqama etc. thanks

my iqama is transferable from my spouse who is doctor

I would also advise on approaching the Government Relations Dept. for your Employer. Even if you are sponsoring your wife at your own expense, they most certainly could give you a detailed process of what exactly you need to do to issue her Iqama.
I believe that is the least they could do to assist their Employees!  :unsure

well said

Syzygy wrote:

I would also advise on approaching the Government Relations Dept. for your Employer. Even if you are sponsoring your wife at your own expense, they most certainly could give you a detailed process of what exactly you need to do to issue her Iqama.
I believe that is the least they could do to assist their Employees!  :unsure

Are you married?

@ Art- Language > To whom are you talking to please?   :unsure

forget Priscilla, sorry

:)