Deliver in Kuwait with visit visa

Hello,

My husband has residence permit(CIVIL ID),but I do not have residence permit. I have visit visa.
Could you please let me know if I can deliver baby in Kuwait? Can it make problem for getting birth certificate?

I searched for it. However I could not get any definite response:(

Thanks

1- Since you are on visit visa, you probably wouldn't be admitted to a public hospital (cause you are not medically insured)
2- I believe you can be admitted to a private hospital (costs much more). You'll need a valid and attested marriage certificate plus your identifications (both of you).
3- All this information is off the top of my head. I'll ask a professional tomorrow and let you know if there is something else required.

deneme; your problem could be resolved if your husband visits any insurance office and takes out a temporary insurance policy for you - i know that when a foreigner comes to kuwait on visit visa they can drive with an international licence provided they get insurance coverage (Which is about 12KD for 2 weeks or something), therefore, logic dictates a similar insurance based requirement for giving birth when on visit visa.

you can go to the websites of the major insurance providers in kuwait and ask them - try warba or GIC for example.

What puzzles me is what will they do if you don't have all the required paperwork? Do they have special negotiation skills and convince the newborn not to come out just yet? :)

Thank you for your answer.

I will be appreciated if you can find answer from professional.

lol @ribosom

The people in the hospitals know all about it. Insurance companies will avoid such cases (cause you wouldn't pay a high premium for a potentially expensive procedure).

Maternity hospital is the place you need to go and get all the details. Plus one more thing, if your husband is Turkish go the embassy and ask how long it takes to issue a passport, cause an infant delivered in Kuwait has to be declared and legalized within a month, otherwise, the host (in this case your husband) will have to appear in court (I saw this happen once).

Are you sure about that:
cause an infant delivered in Kuwait has to be declared and legalized within a month, otherwise, the host (in this case your husband) will have to appear in court (I saw this happen once).

Because, getting birth certificate takes around 1 week, getting passport takes around 4 weeks. So, it is more than 1 month?
I heard that time as 2 months.
So, could you please let me know which one is correct?

Thanks

Apologies to all for the misinformation. The declaration and legalization of the baby has to happen within TWO months not one as I said earlier.

And also, the baby's passport is not needed for the birth certificate.

My information is a bit outdated .... thanks for the refresh @deneme.

deneme; as it is quite difficult to find someone on the forum with the same exact story as you, i suggest you ask your husband to inquire at his firm what should be the correct approach; i am sure the mandoub of the company would know.

Please update on this issue. Facing similar situation. Hope you had a safe delivery.