Elementary Schools in Guadeloupe

We are thinking of moving to Guadeloupe with an 8 year old child.   He speaks French.   So my question is basically are there certain schools that are better than others?   Does every city/town have a school?  What is the schedule of the school year?   Do you have any kind of advice about the schools in Guadeloupe?

Thank you,

Clay

same as the french system which is the same nearly as the UK. and as for better schools i think it is the same as anywhere, if you are in a decent area then the schools reflect this . we are in gosier and the school my daughter goes to is fine . ( my wife is a teacher so i trust her opinion) !

Thanks for the relpy. 

Can you tell me what the school year schedule is?   If we move, it will be in December 2014.  Thus he will start school in January 2015.   The schedule is very different that the US.    Only 5 weeks in the Summer with different breaks throughout the year.

Also, any idea as to the best city to weather a hurricane?

not sure exactly but for example this year my daughter went back on the 6th january. they have 6 or 7 weeks in the summer and the usual half term and easter breaks the same as france. some schools don't open on wednesday here but i think that is changing next year ,

Hello,

In our system there are a lot of holidays. For example, you have Carnival holiday in February or March. Easter holiday are in April. Summer holiday are 8 weeks long.
I think your child will not have any problem in integrating a class. Children are very welcoming and curious, they will be fascinated by him. I hope you will be pleased by the island too.