RELOCATING TO MALTA, MARSAXLOKK

Can anyone help please.

I am relocating to Malta from the UK in August this year 2014  I am trying to find a good shipping company that is not too expensive for a few items  - i.e. China and a few pieces of furniture.  Major removal companies that I have tried so far are way too expensive.  I would like to hear from anyone who has managed to ship their possessions cheaply and safely recently.  I would also like to avoid paying heavy customs duty on arrival  in Malta.

Contemplating driving also, I have had my car for two years.  I believe there are a couple of routes available to me but would like to hear from others who have done this.

Welcome to the forum,
Firstly there is no customs duty to pay on personal  items shipped within the EU.
If you don't have a lot to ship then it will be expensive, try an on line shipping agent as they will look around for the cheapest price but it may be easier to rent furnished and sell your stuff in the UK.

Not sure what you mean with regard to driving down ,the route you choose will be dependent on your preferences.

Most direct, shortest time , scenic and no hurry its up to you and any online map service will give you a suitable route.
There are members who have posted regarding driving down so  have a search in the forum.

Good luck  and remember the more information you give with your question the better our answers will be!

Terry

Hi,
Have a look at these people - intercargo.co.uk - for an instant online quote. We shipped 4 heavy duty pallet boxes 120 x 80 x 80 cms each and weighing 200 kg each for less than £1000.00.

I have just done an instant quote on there website for one box that size door to door to Marsaxlokk, cheapest was £240.30 + vat.

Good Luck.

Ray

Hi Ray,

We are moving on the 13th Jan and having our goods shipped across.

We have a number of quotes from various companies before we settled on the one we are using now (Britannia George Bernard Shaw). We opted for them to do all the packing as it's one less thing to worry about and you get a better insurance quote as well

Moving Partnership
Britannia George Bernard Shaw
Anglo Pacific
1st Move International

Hope this helps

Ken

Hi Ken,
It wasn't us who are looking to ship stuff from the UK, we have been here since early last year. It was 'Newcomer' from Hemel Hempstead.
But thanks anyway.

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:

Hi Ken,
It wasn't us who are looking to ship stuff from the UK, we have been here since early last year. It was 'Newcomer' from Hemel Hempstead.
But thanks anyway.

Ray

Hi Ray,

Your right, silly me :)

Ken

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the customs procedure differs when relocating from a non-EU country? I'm about to come to Malta sometime in August. After I rent a flat, I plan to go back for a weekend and take some stuff with me (not furniture, but couple of appliances and some tools to support my DYI hobby).

Has anyone had similar experience or at least is aware of any online resources I might check?

https://customs.gov.mt/individuals-trav … -residence

Detailed and helpful!

Cheers mate!

Goran