Any success story to share about Germany Job Seeker Visa?

Hello,

I'm planning to apply for Germany Job Seekers visa.
I'm done with all the documents and trying to reassure if the documents sound good enough to get through this.
Could someone please share a sample motivation letter or few points highlighting the course of plan in case the attempt / stay is unsuccessful in finding jobs in Germany.
Could you also provide some guidance in letting me know the important tips to get through it.

Thanks !

Hi,

I would also be interested in hearing some success stories. I recently applied and received my job seekers visa and I am planning on moving in March

Hey Stephan,

Congratulations on your visa !
Would you mind sharing your motivation letter (by deleting your personal details)? Could you please drop a message in my inbox.
May I know how long it took for your Visa processing ?

Yes sure I'll see what I can do. The processing was unbelievable, I waited one day and got an email confirmation from my local German embassy saying that the German Alien's office has approved the visa. All that is required now is travel medical insurance and a flight reservation, then the visa will be processed and issued. If all your documents that go to the embassy are spot-on correct, it's just a matter of them checking and processing your information; at least this was my experience.

One piece of advice I can give is that telephone enquiries are frustrating and you don't always get all the answers you need. Rather go to your local embassy with your queries written down, then speak to someone and briefly ask all your questions. The embassy is much friendlier when you ask questions before your official appointment, rather than going in on the day that you have to hand everything in and there is incorrect/insufficient documentation.

Regards
Stephan

Just one day ! Wow !
That's really informative.
I heard that motivation/cover letter plays an important role of how one presents self.
Would it be possible for you to share the letter that you have enclosed with the Visa application, excluding your personal information. I'd private message you my /!\ I AM A STUPID SPAMMER /!\ shortly.
Appreciate your help !

Cheers,
Harsha.

Hi

I am applying for a Germany Job seeker Visa and i have consulate interview on 18th Feb.
I have 6+ years of experience in SAP HR.
Have anyone gone through the interview process in Chennai Recently? Please let me know the nature of interview. Any advises are Highly Appreciated. Looking forward for a reply.

Thanks

Hello Stephen
Can we send mail to consulate to ask for results earlier?
consulate has provided me a date and i didn t receive any mail till now

Even i was given a date to collect my passport(20th day). When and In which consulate u attended the interview?

It was in Chennai.

Mine is also Chennai Consulate

Did anyone get call or mail? What did the consulate tell you exactly after the visa interview

Hello Stephan

I hope this post is not too old to reply to .

I was wondering if you can share your success with me . I'm wanting to apply for a job seekers visa , I have all the necessary documents but am wanting to know what the key is to getting the visa approved . I heard that the letter plays a huge part . Any key things to add.

Any help or advice will be appreciated !

Thank you

Hi Djemielah

This is an old post and I've since forgotten most of what the process was like. The cover letter should just be one page long as far as I remember, so keeping it short and concise is what they're implying. With my application I started with what I was doing at the time, just finished studying and looking for work abroad. I did some research as to where I wanted to apply for work (named a few companies) and in my case I had interviews lined up. I then explained that I'm living with German nationals and so showed that my accommodation was already sorted (I guess this helped my application)

If you can give the consulate an idea of what you are planning on doing In the time-frame it would be beneficial to your application. Are you applying from South Africa? I know that the job seekers visa (at my time) was valid for 6 months so I mentioned that I was planning on going for interviews and attending a German course to improve my German. (I trust that you've heard of this but look at the Goethe Institute, they have great courses available).
Just out of interest, where are you planning on moving?

I hope that this helps

Regards
Stephan

Hi Stephen

Thank you so much for the quick response! Much appreciated.

Yes I am applying from South Africa - Cape Town .

I will be staying with German nationals and have the letter of obligation from them .  Yes I heard that learning German will make it much easier to integrate as well as for interviews.  Planning on moving to berlin . I went on a shengan visa there last year and fell in love with the city!!

Thank you so much for your help!!!! :)

Please find two questions and its answer given by a German employer, which may helps you.

Q1:
Would you prefer to hire an international candidate(non-EU citizen) ? If yes, will you process VISA for the candidate or you just hire only those people already having a visa.

The honest answer is that certainly for EU tech companies it's far, far, far easier and less costly to hire a EU citizen. Larger organisations do it as they have the organisational structure to manage the process, but they have to sponsor the individual which incurs a cost and gives them admin responsibilities (such as making sure they adhere to their visa requirements while in the country). A small or medium business would usually avoid this for those reasons (although you might find exceptions).

Personally, If I were to hire someone who was not resident in the UK or EU (that is quite a big worry for me) then I'd need confirmation they had permission to remain indefinitely - and that's almost impossible because in order for them to get that, I'd have to sponsor them, which as I've said, I wouldn't feel was worth the money or effort where there is a local pool of talent. The big risk for a small business is to spend the money then find the individual isn't the right person for the job.

If you apply to larger european companies, they may often help you through those boundaries - however - you have to remember you have to fit into the skills requirement in order to successfully acquire a visa in the first place, so I would definitely do some more research on this, ideally find out from someone who has done it before. I don't think you are in an impossible situation, however I do think this isn't going to be a walk in the park.

Q2:
I am also planning to apply for a visit visa for 2-3 months time and look for a job directly in Germany by staying in Berlin or Munich.Is that more better to find a job rather than applying from abroad?

I think potentially yes - however - I am not an expert so you should do more research. The benefit is to the employer a) they can meet you in person, b) they don't have to worry about you not turning up, you're already halfway here, and c) it just feels more likely its going to work. I think the reality is that you being in another country would be seen as a hurdle - certainly in a business of our size doing recruitment.

Hi Stephan,

I hope you are still reachable on that website.
I read most of the Job Seeker posts.

I want to get a job seeker visa. But I have just graduated from uni in June'17. I have bachelor degree. Most of the people are experienced in their working field.

If I do not misunderstood, you applied to Job Seeker Visa after finishing your studies right?
It is a huge question in my mind and haven't found anything.

I wish I can hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Melike

Hi brother I'm srijith I'm from India currently working in South Africa I came here on 2014 by critical skills visa .now it's almost 5 years now overall there was a good and bad experience here my car got hijacked once and I got mugged more then 6 times.now I'm tired my next destination  I'm planning to go Germany I'm a mechanical engineer I haven't seen anyone applying for job seeker visa in South Africa but I'm pursuing my German class in Lynwood in Pretoria. I really don't know how to get the medical insurance here ..even if I get medical insurance for six months will they refund my amount if my visa is unsuccessful? Overall will you please advise how much minimum rands should I show them the bank balance etc?

Hello everyone,

Some off topic comments have been removed from this thread. Also note that the OP hasn't post on her topic since 2014.

Thank you,
Christine