Posting personal information on forums - a very bad practice

Hello Jerry,

First off, you've posted this reply in absolutely the wrong place. You should be posting directly to the Nigeria Forum.

Also, would you kindly refrain from using Cap Lock when posting to our forums. Here it is considered shouting and may offend people.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Thks for a very informative information

I totally agree

Skimming bit was very interesting.  Thanks for sharing

Thanks for the information. 

Regards

very true

Thks for the info.How do I delete my inbox which is full pls? I can no longer receive any messages.thks

Hello patouk,

Click on the mailbox icon in the green banner at the top of the page to open your mailbox. If you look at the toolbar directly below the green "SEND A NEW MESSAGE" button you will see on the left two boxes "View" and "Display"...  on the right side of that same line there is a button that shows GEARS, this is the "Manage Conversations" button. You can go there to delete your unwanted messages.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Thks Dear.

Thks for the info.

Thanks for this!

[Moderated: off topic]

[Moderated: Off topic]

Thank you for the information

Thank you for this  :top:

Thanks for useful information.

True! Why would somebody do that??

Hi James

Thanks again for a great website I'm finding it very useful. Would you be able to unlock my messaging facility please?

Thanks so much!

Gareth

I have the same problem here

Tnx for all

Thank you for this information. I'm new to this forum and still getting a hang of things going on.
Regards from LA. :)

:up:

thanks for the advice

umm but why do i get this error when i try to send any one a private message
Post errors

The following errors need to be corrected before the message can be posted:
Your message hasn't been sent. In order to prevent issues, the private message system is not fully activated for new users. Did you introduce yourself on the forum ? Please post a few messages on the forum, and your private message system will be fully activated. Thank you !
:/

Hello MH Hilmi

There is an anti spamming system on the site, so as to protect our members.

If you want your private messages to be active, you need to participate on the forum, check out the multiple threads, bring your expertise and automatically the private message will unblock. Be sure to participate wisely and be relevant to each post, otherwise it won't work.

Regards

Kenjee

Thks Wiliam!

I wanna put my bank ac on it

Ali el ahmed wrote:

I wanna put my bank ac on it

No need to post your bank account information, just mail me a signed blank check and let me know what your total balance is, I can fill it out and cash it.  :lol:

useful information, thanks alot

[Moderated: off topic + pls post in the Jobs section]

Thanks for those advises

i agree.

Yeah I agree its v risky

good to know. i was surprised. Thanks for advice

Yep,

Makes me rethink tis website.

Thanks for this wonderful information. I just confirm it on google now...

Bkk_Bear wrote:

Yep,

Makes me rethink tis website.

You can't be serious? This is one of the safer sites, just think about all the stuff you put out for the whole world to see in your Facebook or LinkedIn accounts..... do you have any idea of the risk to your personal security that is? Posting personal and identifying information anywhere on the internet is just plain DUMB and asking for trouble.

Just imagine what crooks could do with all that information and being able to see your house on Google Street View........ scary!!!

thank you :)  for the thruth .....

just need to know when and where we can given our true identity and when we don't need

Hello Ryugine,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

You raised a very good question.
I strongly recommend to follow the advices on this thread.

All the best,
Olivier
Expat.com Team

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR